Chapter 7: Leader

"Talai, how are you? I know we met a few times since everyone went to do their things." Yori quickly hugged him and smiled.

"I'm doing just fine, Yori! My training has been keeping me on my wits. So did you sense that too?" Talai asked.

Yori nodded to him. "Yeah, I sensed it and figured you would have too. There are angels here and they've been using their powers in the city itself."

Talai crossed his arms and inhaled. "Guess that means trouble, we should go check it out. You prepared to fight if we decide it's a threat?"

"Of course, I'm always prepared for danger!" Yori exclaimed.

The two dashed toward the city when they spotted a large explosion in the distance. A building crumbled with angels screaming out. Helina and Pern stood over the ruins with their weapons drawn.

"Where are they at? I'm getting tired of bullying the weaklings here. Show me where the strong ones are at!" Pern yelled.

"If you're looking for a strong one then you got my attention. Tell us why you're causing destruction and hurting the innocent angels here!" Talai yelled back.

Helina soon eyed him with a raised eyebrow. "And who are you? If you're not associated with Lucy then get out of my sight. This entire place is ours for the taking." She smirked.

Talai noticed the other armed angels surrounding him. "Lucy, huh? I may know of her if that's the case because you see..." He held both hands out and energy gauntlets manifested. With them raised at the angels near him, a swirl of energy rose between them. In a flash, he grabbed the air and forced the energy to fly in his direction. The angels dropped their weapons and stumbled forward as if they were in an ocean wave. "I am her friend!"

"Woah, what was that? You like tripped them with energy." Yori said.

"It's a technique I made up called energy pull. I basically take the air and energy from people's bodies. The attack stuns them and gives me time to do this!" Talai struck at the ground. Pillars of rock shot up and trapped them into a ball. He threw it above him and punched it at Helina.

Pern deflected the ball as it crashed into a wall. "That was close, we seem to have found our strong opponents." He eyed the rubble as the angels lay on the ground unconscious.

Helina clenched her lance and growled. "Hmph, that's just some fancy trick. If you are her friend then identify yourself!" She yelled.

"It's Talai, now tell me who you are." He replied.

"Oh, you were someone killed by the Archangels. Well, I guess you could say I worked under them and came for revenge. This whole city will be destroyed once we're done with it." Helina cackled.

Talai narrowed his eyes. "I'm a lot stronger than I was back then. You're being foolish if you think we'll let you do this to our home."

Yori summoned her weapons before she took a step. "Tal, let me finish this fight. I have somewhere to be but you should know I've been training too." She flashed a smile at him and vanished. A faint blue outline of Yori remained as Pern's body lit up with sparkles and his clothes were slashed open.

"W-Woah, that was in the blink of an eye! I think she's gotten faster than the last time." Talai rubbed his eyes and grinned.

"Pern, what are you doing!? Get up and attack!" Helina wildly swung the lance in the air and snarled. The lance severed in down before a light swiped down Helina's shirt and sparkles manifested from it. She collapsed on the ground and scraped her nails against the stone road.

Yori reappeared over them with her weapons gone. "I call it lightspeed overdrive! It's faster and I can safely defeat people without harming them too much."