Chapter 10

Pots and pans moving around the kitchen is what woke me up. Whoever was cooking or trying to, was also trying their best to get attention and let's just say it working. If it's attention they want I'll give it to them. They don't call me a brat for no reason, I will literally reign havoc to whoever dares to wake me up especially at this ungodly hour. I already wake up early enough as it is, I don't need to be waking up any earlier.

         I stumble down the stairs as loud as possible because I have a habit of acting how I feel and right now I was annoyed and on the verge of pissed. I know it may be dramatic, but one thing you don't mess with is my sleep.

"Leena what the fuck." I say before turning into the kitchen and suddenly my body goes stone cold frozen. The blood drains from my face once I see who was in the kitchen. My two sisters had mugs in their hand as my sister Basma hands one over to my mother.

I didn't know what to say or what to do. The voice inside of me was screaming at me to demand an explanation as to why my mom was here, but I knew when things were too big for me I was a coward and I couldn't confront them. Which is why I give them a look of disbelief as I run back up to my room and lock my door. I hear footsteps behind me calling out my name, but all I wanted to do was go back to bed and hope the second time I wake up that everything will be gone and it was all just a really really bad dream.

I haven't seen my my mother in 8 years and yet one look and I knew it was her. You don't forget your mother even if she changes everything about her.

It's not real.

I will go back to sleep and the next time I wake up. She would be gone, I will go to school, and everything will be just as it was before.

With that I let darkness sweep me into a deep slumber.

~~~

Turns out it wasn't a bad dream, instead it was just a horrible reality. As soon as I climbed down the stairs , all ready for school, I spot her in the living room and I quickly left the house before anyone can spot me.

Since I don't have my license yet and my sisters or the chauffeur usually take me to school, I had to resort to calling the triplets to catch a ride with them.

"Let me get that for you." Matt grabs my backpack and swings it over his shoulder once we walk onto campus. I turn to face him as his wide smile quickly falls.

"What's wrong?" He quickly asks me cupping my face with his two hands as if he could find the problem by just examining me.

"Nothing is wrong." I say holding his wrists and putting them away from my face even though I instantly missed the warmth of his hands as soon as they left.

"And also I can carry my own backpack you know, I have a broken hand not a broken shoulder." I say covering up whatever he must've seen on my face with a charming smile that I've practiced for years to fool everyone with my, 'I'm okay and I'm always okay.' Persona.

Sometimes I wanted to scream because of my inability to let anyone in truly, but I never knew how it's just not in me. I always needed to be the light hearted chill person, because that's who I am in the story. Im not in problems, and I don't have problems. Or at least that's what I make everyone think even though im probably the most damaged person in the room. It's not something I'm proud of which is why I never show it.

"Mary Lou raised a gentleman what can I say." Matt says cockily slinging the backpack over his shoulder once more as it started to slip. I shake my head at his silliness.