CH 50 || Perfectly Sob

Start from the beginning

My legs had a mind of their own. Before I knew it, I was somehow in front of him and had to crane my neck.

Why was he so tall?

Killian grinned down at me. "Maybe you're too short."

Did I say this out loud?

"Yes, you did?"

I pressed my hands over my ears. "What? Stop talking in my head."

"You're talking out loud," he remarked dryly.

I squinted at him. "Aha. Very clever."

Killian raised his brows and looked over my shoulder. "What did you do with her?"

"Apparently, Nick gave her juice," Suz spat out.

My eyes ran over his open jacket and the long-sleeved gray shirt underneath. Time for payback...

"Hug." I lifted my arms and stared at him expectedly.

His eyes widened and he froze. Then, slowly, he pulled me close, wrapping his arms around me.

My face pressed into his chest, and I took a deep breath. He smelled like usual. Sandalwood and soap. I could feel him lean down, and his breath tickled my ear as he said, "Done sniffing?"

"No," I said distractedly. Carefully, my hands moved down his back.

I could hear him talking to Suz again. "Are you sure it was just juice?"

"I'll find out very soon. As soon as I'll get my hands on Nick's sorry ass. If he gave her some of that cheap fruit liquor, then... Well." She cracked her knuckles. "I hope his affairs are settled because he won't have time to write a will."

I focused back on my mission. My fingers grabbed the edge of his shirt. Then in one swift motion, my freezing hands slipped underneath the fabric, and I tightened my hold on him.

"What the—" His muscles tensed, and he cursed under his breath. Then I was crushed against him even more tightly although small tremors ran over his body.

Behind my back, I could hear Suz roaring with laughter. "I see, she's in good hands."

"Very funny," Killian ground out.

I lifted my head and grinned up at him. "This is payback."

He met my gaze. "For?"

"For being a pain in the ass," I said.

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah."

A cold breeze hit my neck and I quickly snuggled back into his embrace. I could feel him pull his jacket close around me. He felt nice. Nice and warm. My eyes shut on their own.

Their voices drifted in and out of my consciousness.

"...have to leave?" one of them asked. "...you sure you want to take her with you?"

There was a brief pause before the other person responded, but I missed most of what they said. All I heard was, "Got her."

Killian hoisted me up, and my legs wrapped around his waist. I pressed my face into his neck. It should be illegal to feel this good.

I blinked. A jacket was lying on my chest. How did I get in a car? A large hand wrapped around my own. I turned my head. Killian was driving. I sagged back into my seat. His thumb rubbed across my palm. My eyes were heavy.

I blinked. I was in a room, lying on a large bed with dark blue covers. Somebody came in and I jerked up. Killian. I stared at him as he rummaged through his closet, fascinated by the lines of muscles that showed whenever he moved.