Chapter 16

Echo crossed his arms over his chest and glared at Hunter. They were arguing, yet again for the forth time today and I couldn't help but to sit next to Omega and watch as we snacked on Mantell Mix.

"I bet you five credits that Echo walks away grumbling insults." I whispered to Omega.

"Five credits that Hunter puts him in the corner." She whispered back.

"I don't know, the corner is reserved for me and Crosshair." I said as I handed the mix back to her.

Omega let out a giggle, before she stuffed her mouth full of the food.

I'd be lying if I said that this wasn't the most fun that I had ever had. My favorite past time was listening to Echo and Hunter argue, and that was mostly because it was always over stupid stuff. Either it was the toilet seat or over someone jumping off a cliff, it was never a dull day with those two.

"So, what, now I'm just supposed to do anything that Tech does? I mean, what if he jumps off a cliff?" Echo asked angrily.

"If Tech were to jump off a cliff, he would've done his due diligence regarding the height of the cliff, the depth of the water, and the angle of entry, so yes. If you see Tech jump off a cliff, by all means, jump off a cliff." Hunter said with a frown.

"How about you jump off a cliff!" Echo yelled angrily.

"Gladly. Provided that Tech jumps first." Hunter said with a smirk.

Hunter crossed his arms over his chest and I couldn't stop the laughter that escaped from my mouth.

"What's so funny?" Echo asked angrily.

My eyes went wide and I quickly froze up as his eyes glared down at me.

"Nothing." I said as I bit my bottom lip.

"Think it's funny?" He growled out.

"Echo-"

"Why do we even keep you around anymore! You don't help with anything! You are just going to abandon us when things get bad!" Echo yelled angrily.

My eyes went wide and I froze up. I felt tears start to stream down my face and almost instantly Echo went silent.

I knew he didn't mean it, I knew it but I still couldn't get over the pain that coursed thru me at the thought... that maybe he had meant it. Maybe he still hated me for leaving.

His eyes went wide and I saw a look of shock and guilt cross his face. He took a step forward but I backed away from him.

"(Y/n)-"

I quickly stood up and turned and ran away from him, running out of the house. I let out a gasp of air as I stopped next to a water fall and set down. I pulled my feet to my chest and stared down into the water as I tried to calm down.

I knew Echo was right, and that I had abandon them and I understood why he said what he said. But it still hurt. It hurt to think about the pain that I put them thru.

After awhile I heard footsteps and turned to see Echo walking up to me. I went to stand up but he held his arms up.

"Wait... please. Don't run." He begged.

I slowly set back down and turned to look away from him. He let out a sigh and walked up to me. He set down beside me and turned to look at me.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean what I said. I was just pissed at Hunter and I took it out on you." He said as he looked at his hands.

"You're right... I did abandon you guys. I don't know how you guys could forgive me." I mumbled as I stared at my hands.

"You're not the only one to abandon their team."

I turned to look at him and frowned as I saw him glaring at his robotic hand, as if he hated it. I reached forward and gently took his hand in mine. He looked up and I sent him a small smile.

"Echo.... You had no choice. The separatist.... They used you as a tool... what happen to you was horrible, and no one could ever deserve something as cruel as that." I said as I stared up at him.

His eyes softened and he moved his hand to my cheek.

"You didn't have a choice either." He said softly.

My heart stopped as our eyes met. After what get like forever he moved forward and captured my lips with his, in a gentle kiss. My hands slowly moved up his chest and I latched onto his shirt, pulling him closer.

After awhile reality hit me and I pushed him away from me and jumped to my feet. Echo stared at me in shock as I took a couple steps away from him.

All I wanted to do was wrap my arms around him again and pull him into another kiss, but I knew that I could. It would be right for me to kiss him again. It wouldn't be right because I knew that I couldn't give my whole heart to just him.

"I can't... I wish I could, but I just... I can't." I whispered as I turned and ran back to the house.

Tears streamed down my face as I pushed past Hunter and ran to my room, slamming it shut. I let out a groan and buried my face into a pillow.