Chapter 3

It was strange to me how so much could change within a month. Before I knew it I was close with the boys. All plans to make them hate me was out the window and back on Coruscant. I found that they weren't so bad and that I was even starting to care about them.

I was a laughing mess as I climbed onto the shuttle. I couldn't believe what had happened.

"Why are you so happy?" Tech asked as he looked up at me. 

"Wrecker and I were crossing the street, and this dude drove by on a speeder and honked at us." I explained as I plopped down beside Tech.

Instantly Tech let out a sigh and set his tablet down before turning to look back at me, a frown on his face.

"What did Wrecker do?" He asked as rubbed his forehead.

"He may or may not have chased him to the next red light, and then reached into his window and-"

"Who wants a steering wheel?" Wrecker asked as he walked into the room, a giant grin on his face.

"Wrecker, we have talked about this." Tech said as he rubbed the bridge of his nose.

I left to clean the bunks up, and found Hunter curled up in a ball.

"Hunter, are you okay?" I asked as I gently put my hand on his shoulder.

I quickly moved my hand away and let out a gasp. Hunter was ice cold and was practically shaking. I quickly turned around and grabbed a blanket from the closet and put it over him, before turning and leaving to find Tech.

"Is everything okay?" Tech asked as I rushed up to him.

"Something is wrong with Hunter. He won't get out of bed and he is extremely cold." I explained.

"I'll go check on him. He's probably just overstimulated." Tech said as I felt my heart sink.

Tech stood up and walked out of the room, leaving me with Wrecker.

"You okay?" Wrecker asked as I stared at the ground.

"What, oh yea. I'm fine."

"Hey, don't worry to much. Hunter will be fine, Tech will take care of him." Wrecker said as I looked away from him.

"Right... it's just, he has never really been sick before." I mumbled under my breath.

When Tech came back, I was on my feet and questioning him harshly. I couldn't hid the worry in my voice as I stared up at him.

"Hunter will be fine. All he needs is rest and quiet. So it would be best if Wrecker wasn't on the ship." Tech explained as he put a hand on my shoulder.

"I'll go take him to get some food." I said as I stood up.

"Much appreciated and if you could maybe pick something up for me. I'd go with you; but it's best if I stay here with Hunter." Tech said calmly.

"Of course." I said as I patted his shoulder.

I followed Wrecker to the ramp and we walked back into town.

"You sure you're okay?" Wrecker asked with a frown.

"Yea.. just I've never seen any of you boys get sick." I explained.

"Don't worry bout it. Hunter is the only one to actually get sick. His heightened senses tend to mess with him from time to time, but he will be okay in a little while." Wrecker explained with a giant grin.

"Right." I said with a small nod.

I knew Wrecker was trying to help calm my nerves, but I still found myself worrying about Hunter. I didn't like admitting that I cared about it the boys, but I did and I do. So far they had welcomed me into their lives and treated me as an equal, so the thought of them being sick or hurt scared me to death.