Chapter 9

I let out a sigh as I followed behind Hunter. I kept my knife in my hand, ready to use. We were on Kaller fighting beside General Billaba, a Jedi General and her padawan, Caleb.

So far Caleb was a sweet kid, it was almost hard to believe that he would some day become a great Jedi, though I wouldn't be around to see it.

"Alright, Wrecker time to take those droids out." I said with a smirk.

"On it, (Y/n)." He said cheerfully.

Wrecker smacked his hands together and then pushed the large boulder rolls down the hill, i watched as it crashed into the battle droids, smashing them to bits. We took advantage of this distraction and ambushed the battle droids.

Hunter used his vibroblade to take out a couple droids, while Tech planted devices on their backs, short circuiting them. I threw my knife into one of the droids heads and then tore it out and stabbed another droid. I heard a blaster go off and turned to see a droid behind me, shot thru the head.

"Thanks for the help!" I called out to Crosshair.

Sometimes it's hard to believe that I've been with them for so long now. Obi-wan had since stopped contacting me and I barely saw Anakin any more. I found that most of my time was spent with the Bad Batch, and I loved it. The Bad Batch was my family and I knew that I'd do anything to protect them.

I let out a sigh of relief when we finished off the last droid. I cracked my neck and pulled my knife out of one of the droids. I slipped it back into my belt and then turned to see the clones walking towards us.

"There you are, little Jedi. You missed all the fun." Wrecker said with a laugh.

"Watching your team in action was the fun." Caleb said with a smile.

"Care to introduce your new friends, Caleb?" General Billaba asked softly.

"Yes, Master. This is Wrecker, (Y/n), Hunter, Echo, Tech and Crosshair." Caleb said introducing us all.

"While I'm not sure "fun" is the sentiment, I would express, I agree with my Padawan. Your exploits were quite impressive." She said with a small smile.

"Exploits?" Wrecker asked with a frown.

"Don't overthink it, Wrecker." I said as I patted his shoulder and sent him a smile.

"Thank you, General." Hunter said with a small nod.

"Now, would one of you please explain where my actual reinforcements are?"

"Rerouted to the capital. We're all you're getting." Hunter explained.

"Ha! We're all you need." Wrecker said with a laugh.

"Actually, if my intel is correct, the general will not need any of us. The Clone War may soon be over." Tech said as he stared at his datapad.

"Better tell that to the clankers headed our way." Echo said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"I am referring to the encrypted comm chatter. Clone intelligence is reporting Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi has found and engaged General Grievous on Utapau. If he captures or kills Grievous, the Separatist command structure will collapse. And most likely the droid armies along with them."

"A fascinating theory, yet unfortunately not something we can control from here. I suggest we focus on the task at hand." General Billaba said with a small nod.

"Any orders? Or shall we do what we do?" Hunter asked with a smirk.

"Let's blow something up." Wrecker said with a giant grin.

"Well, Caleb, shall we let them do what they do?"

"Only if I can go with them." Caleb said with a giant grin.

"Very well." She said with a nod.

"Hey, kid. You ready for this? We move fast." Wrecker said as he shot Caleb a smirk.

"Good. That's the only way I know." Caleb said cheerfully.

Wrecker let out a laugh, causing me to roll my eyes.

"I like him." Wrecker said as we took off.

I heard beeping and hit my comm.

"Execute Order 66." A deep voice said over the comm.

We all stopped and I turned to look at Tech I'm confusion. Just then I heard blasters going off and we all turned to see the clones attacking General Billaba.

"Master... Master!" Caleb yelled as he started towards her.

"You must run! Run, Caleb!" She called out.

I watched as they cut her down, causing tears to stream down my face. I covered my mouth in shock as I took a step back. We walked towards Caleb but he stared at us in shock and fear.

How could the clones do this? How could they so quickly turn on their general and shoot her down? A million thoughts ran thru my head that day, as I watched them gun her down with little to no remorse.

"Stay away from me!" Caleb yelled as he took off running.

"Kid, wait! What... What just happened?" Hunter asked in shock.

"The comm channel is repeating one directive, "Execute Order 66."." Tech said with a frown.

"Yeah, I heard that too. What's Order 66?" Hunter asked with a frown.

"I am not certain."

"Echo. Tech. Talk to the reg Captain. Find out what you can. Crosshair, you and I will track down the kid and make sure nothing happens to him. Wrecker, you and (Y/n) stall anyone who tries to follow us." Hunter ordered.

I said nothing and instead gave him a small nod as I stayed beside Wrecker.

I hated when we split up, because I never knew if it would be the last time I'd see one of them.

"Where's the Padawan?" A trooper asked as he walked up to us.

"Yeah, don't worry. Hunter's handling it." Wrecker said with a frown.

"We have orders from the Supreme Chancellor himself." The trooper said as they stared up at Wrecker.

"That's great, but like my friend said, Hunter's handling it." I said angrily.

"Step aside." They ordered as they aimed their guns at us.

"Sure thing, boss." Wrecker said as he moved me to the side.

"Hunter, you've got regs inbound." I said thru comms.

"Copy that." Hunter said with a sigh.

"We have a situation." Tech said drawing my attention to Comms.

"Tell me something I don't know, Tech." Hunter said thru comms.

"It appears the regs have been ordered to execute the Jedi."

"What? Which Jedi?" I asked in shock.

"All of them. They're saying the Jedi have committed treason."

"I suggest you get back here." I said quickly.

"Can't. Haven't found the kid yet."

"Okay... just.. be safe." I said as I closed my eyes.

"You all get back to the ship. I'll meet you there."

I followed Wrecker back to the ship and we climbed onto it, Tech and Echo were both waiting for us in the cockpit. I let out a sigh and rubbed my shoulder as I plopped down in my seat.

I wouldn't admit it but my mind wasn't on what happened, it was elsewhere. All I could think of was Obi-wan and Anakin. Would they be alive or would they have fallen like the General?

Nothing seemed to put my mind at ease as I waited for Hunter to arrive with Crosshair, who I was worried about. Crosshair seemed to be acting differently, but I couldn't place what was wrong.