10

"Hold on a second, I didn't tell my mom you'd be here yet!"

Tanjiro stayed at the door for a few moments to make sure you wouldn't run away before entering his home.

While you waited, you noticed a few tiny people watching you from the window curiously, whispering to each other.

You raised a hand to wave to them, and in their shock they ducked down under the window, giggled being heard as well.

The door soon opened and Tanjiro hastily brought you inside almost as if he was worried that you'd lose interest if he took any longer.

You were immediately greeted by who you assumed to be his mother.

"You must be (l/n)! My son's told us a lot about you,"

You raised an eyebrow at the hard-headed boy,
"Really now?"

A girl who didn't seem too much younger than you added,
"Yeah, he's always talking about how cool you are or something!"

Thoroughly embarrassed, Tanjiro dragged you to his room before his family could expose him anymore than they already did.

"So you talk about me to your family?"

"N-no! I have no idea what they're talking about!"

"Why are you making that face,"

"What face?"

You currently watched with a little bit of fear as his face contorted into a pained expression.

The boy couldn't keep up the lie any longer,
"Oh okay! I do talk about you! But not as much as they make it seem!"

That seemed to get a chuckle out of you,
"You don't need to worry about that, I think it's actually kind of nice,"

A slight heat surfaced to his cheeks,
"Really?"

You nodded before speaking again,
"Could I lay down on your bed for a bit?"

He nodded, a little confused on why you asked.

And then you collapsed onto his bed, snoring loudly.

He slightly panicked for a moment before deciding that it'd be for the best to just let you take your nap.

~•~

"How long was I asleep for?"

Tanjiro jolted in surprise as he heard your voice right behind him.

"Just an hour I think,"

You groaned as you stretched your arms,
"Sorry about that. What do you wanna do now?"

"Would you like to do the homework together?"

You nodded before taking a seat at the low table, sitting across from Tanjiro.

~•~

The homework went faster than you thought it would, though you did need to help your friend out with some of the concepts.

"You're really smart, (l/n)!"

You shrugged,
"Eh, not really. That's just the one subject I'm really good at,"

"That's not true! You're good at every subject, you just don't know it yet!"

You chuckled awkwardly at his positivity and decided to change the subject,
"There anything else you wanna do?"

"We could-"

His sister suddenly entered the room,
"Nii-chan! Mom needs you in the shop right now, a whole load of customers just got here!"

"I'll be right there!"
He said as he stood up while giving you an apologetic look.

"I understand, go help your mom,"

To be honest you found it a bit charming how much he cared for his family. The world needed more people like that, and it almost made you wonder what it'd be like if you had a family with-

You quickly forced your mind to stop imagining the rest of that scenario.

For now though, you'd take a nice nap while Tanjiro was on duty.

_______________________

I KNOW THIS IS SHORT BUT I FELT BAD FOR NOT UPDATING IN SO LONG BECSUSE I HAD NO IDEA HOW TO CONTINUE THIS I HOPE THE NEXT CHAPTER COMES QUICKER