01

"Your late again, (l/n),"

A yawn escaped you as you sat down at your desk, setting your bag down.

"Sorry sensei, I wasn't able to sleep too well last night,"

The teacher sighed, rubbing their forehead with two fingers,
"Do you know how many times you've used that excuse? What are you, nocturnal?"

"Maybe,"

The teacher decided to just let it go, and started with the lesson.

A pair of dark-red(?) eyes watched this encounter from their desk, unbeknownst to you. Every morning, it was the same. You'd walk into class late looking tired, the teacher would scold you, and then you'd move on.

It seemed like there was never a day where you weren't tired, and he wanted to figure out why. Did you secretly work a night shift? Did you have to take care of thirteen siblings? Or maybe you were a demon? No, that last idea was too far-fetched.

Although the boy was usually extroverted and ready to make new friends, something about you always made it hard for him to start a conversation with you.

That would all change today though, and he was determined to befriend you.

As the lunch bell rang, he quickly approached you.

"(L/n)! Can I eat lunch with you today?"

It seemed like it took you a few moments to process what he said, and you ended up nodding.

"Great! We should eat outside today, it's a really nice out!"

You squinted while looking out the window.

"...sure. Let me just let my friends know really quickly,"

After you had messaged your friends, the two of you started to walk down the halls, trying to make it to the courtyard.

"Your name, it's Tanjiro Kamado, right?"

With a smile, he nodded.

"Your family owns the bakery, right? I've gone by there a few times, I always pick up a loaf!"

All of this was already known to him. Every time you'd enter the shop, he'd hide away, unable to bring himself to face you.

"Oh really? I think I remember seeing you a few times,"

Just as you were about to enter the courtyard, you stopped, inches away from the blaring sunlight.

"Is everything alright, (l/n)?"

You nodded, and took a bottle of SPF 30 sunscreen out, applying it to your exposed skin.

You could notice him staring, so you explained yourself,
"I have sensitive skin,"

He waited for you to finish, and soon the two of you were sitting on a bench, enjoying your meals and the picture-perfect sky.

"Hey, Kamado, could I ask you for a favor?"

"Sure! And you can call me Tanjiro if you'd like,"