Chapter 13: Crazy

Mika's POV:

~ Imperial Demon Army Headquarters ~

A sudden wave of coldness washes over me as I regain consciousness in the holding cell. I turn my head to the right, expecting to see Kimiko, but she's not there. "Kimiko!" I shout, panic rising within me. Her presence brought me comfort in this dire situation. Now, her absence fills me with dread. Kurl will never forgive me for losing her. "Kimiko!"

I attempt to break free from the chains, pulling my arms forward to no avail. They remain firmly attached to the wall. Desperation sets in as I realize my helplessness. How can I protect her when I can't even free myself?

"Mika. Mika." A voice whispers, drawing my attention to Yuu standing outside the cell. "Yuu, what are you doing here?" I ask, confusion clouding my mind. His unexpected presence offers a glimmer of hope amidst the darkness.

"I'm here to break you out," he replies, a slight smile playing on his lips as he reveals the keys. "But what about Kimiko? I can't leave without her," I whisper, voicing my concern. "I promise we'll get her too," he reassures me.

Yuu enters the cell and begins unchaining me. I try to stand, but weakness overwhelms me, and I collapse to the ground. "Can you stand?" he asks, his voice filled with concern. I struggle to my feet, leaning on him for support. "I don't know," I admit, uncertainty coloring my tone. He helps me up and guides me out of the cell. "Don't worry, Mika. We'll escape from here together."

Yuu's POV:

~ Imperial Demon Army Headquarters ~

I drag Mika's almost lifeless body out of the cell, his weakened form leaning heavily on me. As we navigate the halls, his limping gait matches the rhythm of my racing thoughts. We must escape, must find Kimiko, and ensure our safety.

As we pass the interrogation room, a familiar sight stops me in my tracks. Kimiko is there, being questioned by Guren. Fear and determination intertwine within me as I watch from a distance, plotting our next move.

Kimiko's POV:

~ Imperial Demon Army Headquarters ~

I lean against the chair, my arms bound behind my back by unforgiving metal chains. Guren's interrogation tactics pale in comparison to my own experiences. "Tell me where your Queen is!" he demands, his voice tinged with frustration.

"I can't say; she's always on the move," I reply with a slight smirk, testing his patience. His brass knuckles meet my jaw with a crack, eliciting a grin from me. "Well, that's a new sensation," I comment, unfazed by the pain.

His questions delve deeper, probing into my past and motivations. "What happened to you? Why do you hate vampires so much?" he inquires, his curiosity piqued.

"I may despise aspects of both human and vampire life, but I also find value in each. I'm a complicated girl," I quip, reflecting on the complexities of my existence. The conversation turns to my refusal to drink blood, a choice that defines my humanity in a world of monsters.

"If I were to succumb to bloodlust, I'd lose what little humanity remains in me," I explain, my gaze steady despite the circumstances. Guren's skepticism is evident, but I stand firm in my convictions.

As he exits the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts, despair threatens to overwhelm me. The weight of our situation bears down heavily, but a familiar voice breaks through the silence.

"Kimiko, I'm here to break you out. Let's go," Yuu announces, entering with a key to unchain me. Relief floods through me as I realize that escape is within reach. "What about Mika?" I inquire, concern for Mika evident in my voice. "I've taken care of him; it's okay. Let's go," Yuu reassures me.

We leave the headquarters under the cover of night, slipping past the guards unnoticed. As we journey to an undisclosed location, questions and uncertainties swirl in my mind, but one thing remains certain – I am not alone in this fight.

"Uh, so like where are we going?" I ask confused as I follow Yuu to some unknown place. "We're going to my room." I nod and continue to follow him. We finally reach a door and he pulls out a key and unlocked the door leading us into the room. Once in the room, we see a boy around the same age as us sleeping on a chair. While Mika is sleeping in Yuu's bed. I walk to Mika and the brown-haired boy pulls out a cursed gear bow. Threaten immediately bare fangs

"What are you doing with the Princess?" He asks as points his bow to me. Yuu stands in front of me and blocks me from the bow's sight. I look over Yuu and make sure that Mika is okay asleep in the bed. 

"Yoichi these people, they're my family. " Yuu says cautiously to his friends. I look to his friend and he seems a little scared. I place a slight kiss on Mika's forehead as he sleeps and turn towards Yoichi. With a quick awkward wave, I greet him from a distance.

 "Hi, uh I'm Kimiko." I say smiling and put my hand out for a handshake as Americans would. He can obviously see my fangs and he seems both confused and surprised I'm not trying to hurt him.

" W-w-w-what? Why are you here?" He asks scared. I look at him and smile, while Yuu observes our conversation with surprise. "Well your annoying ass army shot a cursed dual gun into my back and I got knocked out," I say with a bit of a strained smile. "But why are you so kind to me? He asks confused.

"Well it could either be boredom or kindness. Still up for debate. But I have no reason to harm you. You're Yuu's family and that is something I will respect." I respond with a smile. He slowly puts his bow down and Yuu gives him a small appreciative smile.

Yuu's POV:

~ Imperial Demon Army Headquarters ~

"I hope you understand the importance of keeping their existence a secret," Yoichi cautions, his eyes shifting between Mika and Kimiko. I nod in acknowledgment, my focus divided between the safety of my friends and the looming threats surrounding us.

As I glance back at Mika, resting on my bed, and Kimiko, tending to him, a sense of responsibility weighs heavily on my shoulders. "I know," I reply solemnly, understanding the gravity of our situation. He nodes and slowly leaves my room. I look back over to Kimiko and we come into a deep embrace. "I've missed you so much." She whispers and a smile widens on my face.

She pulls away and gives out a deep sigh. "We do need to talk about something important. Mich and I need to get out of here as soon as possible. We're not like most vampires, when we were turned we never fully transitioned. As we both decided not to drink human blood. But because of this we're dependent on our maker's blood. And if we don't get any soon we will become blood demons. Nothing will bring us back. Mika has been tortured too much, I don't know how long he'll last." She looks back to Mika longingly and with extreme worry on her face. "I will get you guys out of here." 

Moments later, Kyato's unexpected presence in my room adds another layer of complexity to our predicament. His shock at seeing Kimiko is palpable, threatening to unravel the delicate balance we've managed to maintain.

"It's not what it looks like," I begin, but Kyato's interruption cuts me off.

"Kimiko, is that you?" he asks, his astonishment evident. Kimiko's tearful response sets a new series of events in motion, intertwining our fates in ways we never imagined.

"Kyota.." she whispers and her eyes swell in hers.