Issue 4: The Strangest Things

Start from the beginning

The next day, school was normal as always. But Luz seemed to be almost acutely aware of everything that went on in every class.

She could hear someone tapping their pencil. The sound of a marker was louder than usual. And the bell legitimately startled her.

However, she brushed this all off as normal. Her hands weren't sticky when she didn't want them to be and maybe it was some kind of reaction to the spider-bite from yesterday.

...it had to be...unless-

"LUZ!!!" Familiar voices cried.

Luz jumped and then turned around as Willow suddenly hugged her tight. "W-whoa, Willow!"

"You had us worried sick!" Willow exclaimed as they all began walking to lunch. "What happened to you!?"

"Vee said you passed out! How are you feeling?" Gus asked.

Hunter then set a hand on Luz's shoulder. "Please tell me you're okay."

Luz smiled, feeling most of her worry fade away. "Guys, I think I'm okay. I'm gonna have to say that a lot, huh?"

"Yes, yes you are." Vee said. "We care a lot about you, sis."

"Awwwww!!! Vee!!! You guys!!!" Luz smiled. "See, this is why we're best friends."

Later, after getting their lunches and beginning to walk to the table they usually sat at...Luz's head suddenly began to ring.

She groaned a bit. "Stupid headache- YIPES!"

Luz's foot suddenly went upwards as she slipped on a spill and her tray went flying into the air...but what at would've normally been a disaster for everyone to see became something Luz didn't even know she could do.

She suddenly caught the tray and moved it around until each piece of food she had landed perfectly and safely on it.

Everyone else stared in surprise...before a few students actually began to clap.

"Nice catch, Noceda!" One called.

Luz blinked, her eyes wide at what she had just done. She then stood up, looking down at her food.

"...what did I just do...?" Luz whispered before turning around to her friends, who looked more impressed than shocked.

Hunter laughed. "You're gonna have to teach me that trick! Seriously, how did you do that!?"

"I...uhh...don't know." Luz said.

Gus blinked. "What do you mean you don't know?"

"I-I don't know!" Luz cried as they began walking again. "I just...reacted!"

Vee then took a seat. "Luz, you're a bit of a klutz...seriously, how did you do that?"

"What part of 'I don't know' don't you get!?" Luz cried as she also took a seat.

Willow hummed. "Well...this kinda thing has happened before. Maybe you just somehow knew how to prevent it this time? It's the only thing I can think of."

"I'd have to agree with Willow." Hunter said, sitting down as well. "I mean...you can always trust her whenever she has an explanation."

"Awww, H-Hunt." Willow said with a light blush, tapping her fingers together. "S-stop-"

"No seriously, stop. Willow has some insane ideas, she is not always right." Gus said.

Willow turned to him. "Hey!"

Then, someone all too familiar walked over. "Hey, Luz and gang!"

Luz's eyes widened and her face went red as she whipped around, leaning her elbow against her food. "A-Amity! Heyyy!"