Chapter 3: Legacy of the Three Jewels

Plitvička Jezera
Lika-Sinj County, Croatia
2:51 in the afternoon

Zdenko and Síruindir walked together on the wooden bridge, the ambience of the surroundings provided a perfect backdrop for their conversation. The murmuring waters and rustling leaves seemed to weave a tapestry of ancient secrets and untold tales with each step.

Zdenko's curiosity piqued by the presence of the green jewel in Síruindir's possession, seized the opportunity to inquire about its origins. "Your Majesty," he began tentatively, "I am intrigued by the stunning hair brooch you wear. How did such a precious gemstone come into your possession?"

Síruindir's expression became thoughtful yet tinged with a hint of sadness, paused in his stride and turned to face Zdenko. With a solemn gesture, he reached up to his silver hair brooch and carefully removed it, revealing the mesmerizing green gem nestled within.

"This," he explained, his voice tinged with reverence, "is named Laicanén, the jewel of 'Green water.' It is one of the five dissolved gemstones of the mother jewel Elemmírë, created by Anárien the fair, the Vanya."

Zdenko's eyes widened in astonishment as Síruindir continued to unravel the mysteries surrounding the jewel. "It was guarded by Krešimir Trpimirović, the fifth generation of the determining wizard Trpimir Mesić of Slunj. It is said that he was responsible for the dissolution of Elemmírë, and Laicanén was among the precious fragments that scattered across the realms."

With each word spoken by the High King, Duvnjak listened with rapt attention, his curiosity piqued by the tales of ancient craftsmanship and magical artefacts.

"The history of the Laicanén stretches back through the ages," Síruindir continued, his voice carrying a weight of reverence for the artefact. "After the guardianship of Trpimirović, the jewel came into the possession of the craftsman Martin Glavaš. Recognizing its inherent power, he fashioned it into a silver hair brooch, imbuing it with protective enchantments."

Zdenko, his eyes alight with wonder, nodded in understanding. "So, Laicanén became intertwined with the House of Slytherin due to its association with natural elemental emblems. Fascinating."

"Yes. Its legacy lives on through the House of Slytherin." Siruindir smiled.

As they walked, their path winding through the lush foliage of the forest, Síruindir and Zdenko eventually came to a halt in front of a majestic beech tree, a portal to another realm.

A portal began to shimmer into existence before Síruindir and Zdenko the Black. The air hummed with magic as the portal expanded, revealing a landscape of the town of Korenica beyond.

Síruindir turned to face Zdenko with a solemn expression. "This is where our paths must diverge, Black Wizard. Korenica awaits you."

Zdenko, his weathered features marked by years of hardship and wisdom, nodded in understanding. "Thank you for helping me, Your Majesty. Korenica is a place I had to visit today."

Síruindir placed a hand on Zdenko's shoulder, his touch a reassurance amidst the uncertainty of the unknown. "Do not falter in the face of adversity, Zdenko. Your trip will be fraught with conflict."

With a final nod of farewell, Síruindir stepped aside, allowing Zdenko to pass through the portal and into the town of Korenica beyond. As the portal closed behind him, Síruindir watched with a sense of pride and hope, knowing that Duvnjak's travel was far from over.

Somewhere in Montenegro
3:05 in the Afternoon

It was the first time of return to Montenegro for a mudblood Ravenclaw strategist Svetoslav Gvozdenović after six years of his imprisonment in Azkaban, though he hardly could contain his excitement. His first day of life-rebuilding and he got to spend his time with all of his friends in Cetinje.