Chapter 2

You took a deep breath "is it possible I could..join this pride- er sorry, where are the king and queen so I could formally ask them.." you muttered. He chuckled softly "you're speaking to him" he said "oh" oh my gosh I'm making such a fool of myself In front the of the king, you thought to yourself. "So could I perhaps join?" You stammered nervously. 

"well um-," "are you old enough to hunt?" He asked.

"yes" you said. "Well I guess we can make an arrangement of some sort to have you added into the pride" he said softly

"wow really!?" You said over excited "oh um.. sorry it's just it's  rough being a loner and I'm glad I can finally have a home.. again."

"again?" He asked.

"well at my old pride, the king and queen had to exile a lot of lions because there were simply to many mouths to feed" "and they were very biased about it.." you muttered "the king exiled all the juveniles, the lionesses he said were "not worthy" and their cubs, he only allowed the lean, strong, agile, huntresses to stay, And his brother, his mate, and his cubs, everyone else was forced to leave, and if they came back they'd become prisoners.." 

"Oh my, that sounds terrible" the male said. 

"Truly, but my future is looking bright, shall I get started on introducing myself?" You chirped. "Yes" he said 

"quick question" you muttered, a bit embarrassed- "what's your name?" 

"Oh, I'm sorry, my name is simba." Simba said. "Alright! Thank you once again your majesty. "My pleasure now come on let's go introduce yourself." He said.

............

You followed simba up "pride rock" as they called it, so he could announce your presence. Many lions and lionesses looked at you strangely, you didn't blame them, after all you were a random lioness. Simba roared "could I get everyone's attention for a bit?" He said "we are recruiting this lioness, she will first prove herself as a huntress, and then she can officially join, sound good everyone?" Everyone looked around and nodded in agreement "alright you may introduce yourself." He said.

"hello," you said awkwardly " I'm y/n and.." you didn't know what else to say other than you being a rouge, and that wasn't something you were very proud of. "I will try and serve this pride the very best I can." And will pour every ounce of courage into my job as a huntress." You had nothing else to say, so everyone bowed down at you. "Wow" you thought, "I've never had this much respect before."

............

It was time for you to be "ranked" by the other huntresses, after being tested a lioness named sarabi said "you'd make a good runner" "what do you think Sarafina?" She said to the other lead huntress, a cream colored lioness with blue eyes. "I agree, we only have 2 at the moment and could use another one!" "What do you think, y/n?" You didn't really care what you got as long as you were able to have a home and food to eat "that's good!" You chirped.

............

"Hey, your y/n right?" A cream colored lioness said as she walked over to you. "Yes.." "who are you?" You asked her. "My name is zari!" "Nice name zari!" You smiled, "so your a runner?" She asked "yep" you replied "I think you'd make a good runner!" "Thank you!" You chirped at the huntresses kindness. "Say, how did you convince simba to let you into the pride?" She asked "well I just asked..?" You said a bit confused "wow that's lucky! Your a rouge right?" She asked "how'd you know" you sighed "I'm surprised he didn't kill you or something." "Yeah you could say I got lucky!" I said "what if..maybe," she said "yeah.." you said "what if likes you?" Zari smirked "what? We just met! I hardly consider him a friend" you laughed. "Hm, whatever you say, I've just never seen him that kind to a rouge." You stayed silent what if he did like me? Did I like him back? I mean he was handsome. You blushed at the thought of it.

Thanks for reading! More soon ;)

Special shoutout to: ashiasmith0 your awesome! 💕