Corrupted by Malice (oneshot)

AU Explanation: In this AU Link was never put into the shrine of resurrection meaning that he never lost his memory and zelda never sealed herself away
___________________________________

Link had been battling the forces of Calamity Ganon for months, tirelessly journeying across Hyrule to gather the power needed to defeat the ancient evil. He had faced countless trials and tribulations, but he always knew that his unwavering courage and determination would see him through.

However, one fateful day, Link stumbled upon an ancient shrine deep within the Gerudo Desert. As he explored the ruins, he came across a strange glowing crystal that seemed to pulse with an eerie energy. Without thinking, Link reached out to touch the crystal, and in that moment, he felt a rush of darkness flow into his body.

At first, Link didn't notice anything different. He continued on his journey, battling monsters and collecting power as he always had. But slowly, he began to feel a change within himself. His thoughts became clouded, his movements erratic. He found himself drawn to dark places and strange rituals, driven by a force he could not control.

It wasn't long before Link's friends and allies began to notice the change in him. Zelda, who had grown to trust Link deeply over the course of their journey, was the first to notice that something was wrong. She tried to talk to Link, to understand what was happening to him, but he would not listen. He was consumed by the darkness that had taken hold of him.

As the days turned into weeks, Link's corruption became more and more apparent. His hair turned a sickly shade of green, his eyes glowed with an otherworldly light, and his movements became wild and unpredictable. He began to lash out at those around him, attacking his former friends and allies with an intensity that bordered on madness.

It was clear that something had to be done. Zelda, along with the other champions and the remaining members of the Sheikah tribe, set out to find a way to cure Link of his corruption. They scoured the land for ancient artifacts and powerful magic, hoping to find a way to break the dark hold that had taken over their friend.

In the end, it was Zelda who found the answer. Deep within the ruins of the Temple of Time, she uncovered an ancient spell that had been used in ages past to banish demons and evil spirits. With great effort, she and the other champions were able to perform the spell, hoping against hope that it would be enough to save Link.

As the spell was cast, Link let out a scream of pain and rage. The darkness within him fought back with all its might, unwilling to let go of its hold on the Hero of Hyrule. But slowly, Link began to change. His hair turned back to its familiar golden hue, his eyes lost their eerie glow, and his movements became more controlled.

When it was over, Link collapsed to the ground, exhausted but free of the darkness that had consumed him. He looked up at his friends, tears streaming down his face, and thanked them for saving him. He knew that he had been on the brink of losing himself forever, and he was grateful beyond words that they had been able to bring him back from the edge.

From that day on, Link continued his quest to defeat Calamity Ganon, but he did so with a newfound appreciation for the true power of darkness. He knew that it was a force that could never truly be defeated, but he also knew that with the support of his friends and the strength of his own will, he would always be able to hold it back.