Chapter 22: Park

I glared at Arthit who did sober up seeing my face. I thought it was odd that he rejected my ride home and had "something" to do suddenly. I went back to my dorm but felt unsettled and decided to call him only to hear him drunk on the other end!

He completely ignored my calls thereafter but the bartender answered it and that's where I found out where he was.

Arthit followed me out quietly. I had taken a cab so we took a cab back to my dorm. Once we got to my place, I got him to get a shower and I called Kong. Kong said he will be down in a bit and hung up. About 10 minutes later, Kong turned up at my place. I knew Arthit may not want to talk to me but he may speak to Kong. Arthit came out, much more put together post shower and was stunned to see Kong. He looked over at me and I just strode off, muttering about giving them space whilst I made drinks. I swore I had no idea but I figured I could make tea.

But I found myself unable to concentrate and just stood there watching the kettle, not realising I didn't switch on the stove. About 10 minutes later, Kong had left and Arthit came into the kitchen and stood behind me, switching on the stove. I clammed up when I realized he was behind me.

"Can we talk?"

"You want to?"

"Look. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do whatever shit I did. I was just in a bad mood."

"Even if you are and you want to drink, I am OK. But drinking yourself silly whilst you are alone, do you know how dangerous it is?! And you just left your phone on the table. You are lucky the bartender is honest. What if he wasn't?!"

I clenched my fists in frustration. I felt Arthit sigh and he just leaned on my shoulder in auto reflex. But suddenly, it was as if he remembered that wasn't right, he moved away, muttering sorry.

I turned to see him wanting to walk away and I quickly held onto his hand.

"What's that about? Why did you move away?"

"You are my friend. My Nong. I shouldn't be doing that. I'm sorry. I keep forgetting you are being nice because you are rescuing me. That's all. I should stop reading too much into it."

"What are you going on about? Where did you get that idea from?"

Arthit fell silent, not a single word coming out. I looked at him and suddenly it hit me.

"Is this about earlier?! Because of what I said.."

Arthit was quiet, but I could see his ears reddening. Why was he taking my words to heart so much? I thought that was the politically diplomatic answer. I couldn't have him knowing I liked him too. I knew he didn't see me that way.

So why was he getting so affected? Fuck. The realization hit me like a ton of bricks. I looked at Arthit who was refusing to look at me. He just took his hand out of mine, muttering something about going back and left the kitchen. I had to switch off the damn stove and I quickly went out after him.

"Stop. We really need to talk. Stop running away from me Arthit. I mean it."

He turned around when he heard me call his name for the first time. It had always been P. Never Arthit. Always polite or bemused. Never demanding.

"Park..."

"We really need to talk. You ain't leaving until we are done. Do you hear me?"

Arthit nodded absently, completely thrown back by my attitude. I knew if I didn't make myself clear, we will forever be running in circles around each other. And I knew I really wanted to make myself clear.

I liked this guy too much to let it be screwed up.