Chapter 9: Park

I woke up groggily, around 3am, to find myself in Arthit's arms who seemed exhausted himself and was sleeping away. I was frankly quite stunned to see myself in his arms and my instant reflex was to just move away which woke him up!

I sat up, finding the bowl of water, sponges and cloth on the table. I also saw his jacket around me. Damn, had he been looking after me? I sighed softly and turned to look at Arthit who was getting out of bed, rubbing his hair absently.

"How are you feeling now?"

"Hmm. Not too bad P... you..have you been.."

"I came yesterday when u called looking for Lam and Forth. Luckily I did. Your fever was so high. Why didn't you just call me?"

"I was.. I was fine.. I didn't want to bother anyone. I'm ok. I be fine.."

Arthit just glared at me.

"Thank you.. for looking after me P. Sorry to just move away like that. Please, go back to sleep."

"It's ok. I guess I better get going. Rest well ok.."

Arthit proceeded to walk past me and this time, I grabbed his wrist and held onto him.

"It's 3am already. Please sleep here. I can't have you going off alone at this timing."

Arthit looked at my clasped hand around his wrist and his face just blushed lightly. He nodded in agreement and got back into bed. He stayed on his side and I did on my side, our backs turned away from each other. I just laid there, finding myself unable to sleep suddenly. What the fuck.

Just then, a little bit later, I felt the bed dip and Arthit turned me around, wanting to feel if I was indeed ok and had no fever. He felt my forehead and once he ascertained, I had no fever, he smiled at me.

"Sleep ok. So you will feel better."

I nodded, looking at him. My eyes flicked away as I wanted to turn. I could feel Arthit still looking at me despite my back facing me. I closed my eyes but still couldn't sleep no matter what.

A few minutes later, I felt Arthit's arms around me. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"P..."

"Just sleep first."

And as much as I knew it was not most apt for us to be in that situation, he holding onto me comforted me and I ended up falling asleep quickly against my better judgement. I woke up around 9am again and found the bed empty. In fact the room was empty too.

I got out and couldn't find Arthit at all. I went to the kitchenette and he wasn't there either. I was still standing there when suddenly I heard my front door open.

"Owh, you are awake already? How do you feel now?'

I turned to see Arthit standing there with breakfast in his hands.

"P.. I thought you left.."

"I went to buy breakfast. I am not sure if you are a breakfast person but you are still recovering so it's good to have some food na. Go shower and come. I have it ready for you."

I nodded, went to shower and got changed. When I came out, a small but hearty spread of toast, congee and coffee was waiting for me. I sat down albeit a little too eagerly.

Arthit smiled at me and asked me to eat whilst he collected his jacket.

"Aren't you going to eat?"

"I have somewhere to be in about 10 minutes and can't be late. So I got to go first na. Rest well. Anything call me okays?"

I nodded quietly as he left. I turned back to my food, suddenly having lost the appetite for it but then a message flitted through. I chuckled against my better judgement as I read it.

"Don't even think of not eating."