Chapter 6: Aim

I just bowed to Lam and left. I didn't know how to go about this entire thing, finding out that Lam liked me and I just had accidentally unknowingly confessed to him that I liked Park.

I went back to my dorm and Arthit called me, saying that Park was privy to all. Ah shoots. Since he already knows, I decided to bite the bullet. I went over to Park's dorm to look for him. I knocked on his door and a little while later, Park opened the door, stunned to see me.

"P... yes?"

"I wanted to talk to you.. I actually.. what I wanted to say was.."

Park put up his hand to silence me, stopping me from going on further.

"I know what you are going to say. And I am stopping you there. Not because of Lam. But because I don't see you that way. I don't want to lead anyone on and I only see you as a P. And most importantly, please do not use my friend Lam as a rebound. I know you aren't the sort but I am letting you know do not even think of it. As I wouldn't sit back and do nothing if he gets hurt in the process. I know he's hurt already but I know he will get over it. I am sorry for hurting your feelings too but I don't want to drag this out. Sorry P."

I just stared dumbfounded at Park. Before I could even say anything, boy had shut down my confession, dug a hole and buried it. I nodded and turned, walking away but oddly the only thing that went through my head was, "is this how Lam must have felt when I had rejected him?"

Shit. I knew how spectacularly I had messed up then. And against my better notion, I went to look for Lam instead. He was in his dorm drinking when I went by.

"P Aim? What are you doing here at this time of the night?"

"Lam.. I.. can we talk?"

"Sure P. Come on in..."

I went into his dorm, casting a look around and chuckling softly. His room was indeed a true Engineering boy's room.

"Sorry for the mess P.."

"It's ok Lam. My room is like this half the time too."

"What's up P?"

I looked at Lam and wondered on how to start. I sat down then stood up, wondering how to phrase it. Then I sat down again in frustration and stood up again. I walked around abit and then wanted to sit down again when Lam suddenly grabbed my hand!

"What is it? Stop pacing around and tell me before I chase you out."

Lam uttered softly, glaring at me. I laughed. This fellow sure was a fierce one.

"I.. wanted to say sorry. I realized how much I have hurt you.. I am sorry Lam."

"What happened? Why are you suddenly saying this?"

I told Lam exactly what had happened. His face changed as he realized Park had found out but his eyes also glittered when he realized how I was shut down before anything else. I half expected him to be angry with him but then I heard him ask "Are you ok P?"

"Huh?!"

"I asked if you are ok? Just because I got rejected, doesn't mean I wish it upon anyone else."

"Aren't you upset at all with me?"

"Why? Because you rejected me?"

I nodded solemnly.

"Why do you think I am upset with you? I like you. You don't. You told me honestly. You like Park. He doesn't. And he told you honestly. There is no anger at all. But am I feeling hurt? Yes. Will I get over it? I will. But it doesn't mean I want to see you hurt. So, are you ok P?"

I nodded.

"I will be. I'm sorry Lam. Really. I didn't mean to hurt you at all. I just.."

"Stop apologising for being honest with your feelings P. Its completely OK. Really. Do you want a drink P? I just realized I didn't offer you anything at all."

I shook my head, stating its ok and that I will make my move. Lam saw me out and I turned to look at him. He smiled at me. I smiled back and I turned away, making my move back.

But why the fuck, tears were dropping down my face baffled me. As I got to the entrance, suddenly I heard someone call out to me. I quickly wiped my tears as I was suddenly pulled around. Only to come face to face with Lam.

"Lam!"

"Shhh.."

Lam shushed me as he grabbed me in a hug. I stiffened at first, caught stunned by the gesture. But I slowly relaxed into his hold and reciprocated by holding him back.

Oddly it was comforting.

Oddly, we both ended up comforting each other when ironically we had both been hurt over the same reason.