16

Travis's pov

I lay on my bed, in dead silence. Ive been thinking alot recently, a little too much, so much that I get stuck in my own head, and it feels like im trapped. I look above me to see a small moth. The moth is flying into the wall, over, and over. Its trying to escape my room. In a way this moth is like me. Im trying to escape these walls that have been put up, but I cant seem to find the courage to do so. It makes me upset, So upset that I pick up my miniature bible I got from church camp a couple years ago, and throw it at the moth. Crushing it. Its lifeless body flutters down from the ceiling and lands on the floor.

I feel a wave of guilt, wash over me. I immediately pick up the moth and begin to climb out my window.

Once I drop to the ground, I look around for a moment. I lay the moth on the wet grass, and begin to dig with my bare hands ; dirt getting under my fingernails. Once Im done digging, I place the moth into the small hole, and cover him with the dirt. I stare at it for a moment.

A funny thing about death, is that whomever has died, was once living, breathing, and eating. One way or another we are put back into the earth, and we become life. Such as the grass for animals to eat, The flowers placed on your dead bestfriends grave, the trees providing oxygen for all living things. Once those things die, they go back into the earth as well. The cycle continues. So in A way, everything that has ever lived, is everywhere at once, and Nowhere at the same time.

My phone dings in my pocket, I pull it out and stare at the brightly lit screen.

One new message from sal♡

I pocket my phone, before climbing back up the tree, and into my room. I flop down onto my bed, and pull my phone out once again. I open the message.

___________________________________

Sal♡
Are you planning on telling
Me why I cannot be around
Ben? Or are you simply
Going to expect me to
Listen without explanation?
_

__________________________________

The use of his nickname gives me an ick.

___________________________________

You dont need to worry
About it now, Ill tell you one
Day, but im not ready to tell
You yet. Please just trust
me on This one.

___________________________________

The conversation ends there ; as he leaves me on read. For some reason I cant help but feel bad, not because I told him to stay away from Benjamin, but because I cant tell him why to stay away from him. Im just not ready to tell him, Im not ready to lose him.

Sal's pov

I stare at travis's message, for 23 minutes. What is he so afraid to tell me? I mean Ive told him about some of the darkest parts of myself, yet he cant tell me why I shouldn't Associate with someone. Its truly frustrating.

I stare down at my phone, and my reflection in the now black screen. I raise my hand with my phone in it, and throw it across the room, causing a loud noise to erupt through my room.

I dont bother to get up, to see if its broken or not. Im sure it is, but I could care less right now. I think back to everything that has happened today, for the millionth time. Everything plays through my head, over, and over. As if im on a merry-go-round of memory.

I dont understand why this boy took interest in talking to me, I dont understand why travis wont tell me his reasons, and most of all, I dont understand why this frustrates me so much.

I slowly rise from the bed, and onto my feet. I stumble over towards my school bag, dots clouding my vision, from days of hunger. I open the smallest pouch, and pull out a bright blue sticky note. I stare at it hesitantly, before I walk towards the other side of my room, and retrieve my phone, from the floor. I see that it has only a few new cracks in it. I press down on the power on button, the screen flashes on.

I go to my contacts, and add the number as a new contact. I hover my finger over the green call button.

I'll just send a text instead.

___________________________________

hi

Ben:)
hi who is this?

Its sal

Ben:)
Oh makes sense lol
How are you?

Im fine. You?

Ben:)
Im ok

I have a question.

Ben:)
Shoot

How do you
Know travis?

Ben:)
Im not sure if he
Wants me going
Around telling people.
Why dont you just ask him?

Ok

___________________________________

I lay there for a while. What could possibly be so bad that no one will tell me? I begin to go over all the possibilities in my head, but none of them really seem to make any sense.

A loud knock, sounds through my room. I get up and head to the door, Before pulling it open. Larrys standing there looking back at me.

"Hey dude, Ash bailed on me and Im bored so I came to see if you where home, And you are! Which is suprising since you've been hanging out with church boy like every day." He says squinting his eyes at me.

I dont respond. I just open the door, and move to the side, for him to come in. He walks over to my bed, and plops down.
"So did you get things figured out with travis?" He asks "kinda? Like hes not ignoring me now, but something weird happened." Larry gives me an odd look. "What happened?" I sigh "ok, so today when I was smoking in your car...A boy came up and pretended he was a teacher just to scare me then we started talking and we chilled in the car for a while. Eventually travis started banging on the window and i got out and he was all like 'why the fuck are you hanging out with Benjamin Hayes?!'
And then he just stormed off"

I see a look of recognition wash over larrys face. "Larry what do you know about him?" Larry goes quiet for a minute. "I dont...know anything. I know of him I suppose." I can tell he's lying by the way his face turns red. "Larry stop fucking lying!" I shout "ok ok I know him, but If Travis didnt want you knowing then you should leave it at that. Benjamin Hayes is not a good person. Please stay away from him" Larry says, before he gets up and leaves without another word.

What the fuck is going on here?!

Soooo what do yall think about this? Any ideas of whats going on? Id love to hear them! I hope you liked this chapter !! If you want to suport my work, you can do that by commenting, voting, and sharing it with others! Dont forget to take any meds prescribed to u, eat, and drink water. Have a good day I love you !!

Happy pride month 🏳️‍🌈