12

Sal's pov

I stumble into my apartment, and run to the bathroom. I drop to my knees, and loosely pull my hair back with my hands. I feel my mouth begin to water and my hands begin to shake violently. I feel a burning liquid come up my throat and into the toliet. I feel my mouth watering again and I begin to prepare myself to throw up again. I gag but nothing comes out, and then again, and again. Until Im laying on the bathroom floor.

~~~

I open my eyes, and rub them to get rid of the blurriness. I gently sit up, and feel a sharp pain shoot through my back.

Thats what you get for falling asleep on
the floor dumbass.

I sit there for a moment, contemplating whether I should get up or not. I feel my phone buzz in my pocket and pull it out. I glance at the caller ID. Its travis.

Who else would it be?

Its not like anyone else crares enough

Well atleast travis does.

I slide up on the glowing green button.

"Hi" he mumbles

"Hey" i reply

"Is it ok if i come over?"

"Yeah of course"

"Okay ill be there in a bit, bye"

"Bye"

Well it looks like im gonna have to get up whether I like it or not.

I always worry about him whenever I get those random calls asking to come over. I know its his dad, but theres not much I can do about it. Hes the preacher, one of the most highley respected people in this town, and I'm just a teenager. I doubt the cops would do anything about it. I also dont want to make things worse than they are, by telling the police.

I stumbled to my room, and stood in the doorway for a moment. I begin to pick up any clothes and trash laying around my room, trying to make it more comfortable for travis to be here. I walk over to my bed and pull out the air mattress I bought for when travis stays the night. I figured he would be more comfortable in his own little space. I also bought him some new bandages, and a stuffed animal. It really does sound dumb, but Stuffed toys always help me calm down.

I walk into the bathroom and get out the Ointment, and the first aid kit. I like to be prepared for things. I just like having things in a certain order, or else I get overwhelmed and have a melt down. I cant handle change either, and those are my biggest internal flaws.

I turn around and start heading for the front door, after I hear his signature knock come from the living room. I can feel myself grinning like an idiot. I practically sprint into the living room, and open the door. The smile I had before is immediately wiped off my face, as a see the state he's in. Hes covered in blood and bruises, and its way worse than before. Without saying a word I take his hands gently, and lead him to my room.

I motion for him to sit down, and he does. I sit down behind him as hes taking his shirt off, without me even asking.

If this is going to become a routine ,I need to help get him out of that house.

I look up and down his torso, its worse than I thought it was. I glance up at him. Hes got dark eye bags, and puffy eyes like hes been crying, he also has a busted lip and a bruised on his cheek. I fill tears brim up in my eyes as I see the far away look in his eyes. I hold back my tears as best as I can as I start to apply the ointment.

~~~

I look over at him for a moment. I never realized how pretty he is. I think to myself. He looks over at me and gives me a gentle smile, and for a moment I felt as If theres where a thousand butterflies swarming my stomach.

We hold eye contact for a moment, before I feel something gently brush my hand. I look down to see his hand is resting next to mine. I look up at him, he's staring down at our hands. I look back down, before looking back up at him, he's staring directly at me with a light pink colour dusted across his cheeks. We hold eye contact for a moment, before he looks away, looking at anything and everything in my room. It appears that hes avoiding eye contact. I look down at our hands once again.

Im risking everything by doing this...

But fuck it.

I take his hand into mine, but immediately retreat it when he moves his hand. I feel his hand grasp onto mine just as im pulling it to my chest.

I look over at him, with a shocked and confused look on my face.

"Im sorry, its just its just my instant reaction to any physical contact."

"Its okay travis I get it, I mean not completely, but i understand why you act the way you do and-" im interrupted as i feel a weight fall onto my shoulder. I peer down, to see travis sound asleep.

I smile to myself, as I decide its probably time I sleep too. I close my eyes and let sleep take over.

Hii sorry this was such a short chapter but I just wanted to give yall a little fluff (this was a filler chapter 💀)

ANYWAYS...

Have a good day! Drink water, eat, and take any meds prescribed to u ♡♡

~ Olivier