Travis's pov

Silence. I look around my room. The gloomy, bland, and cold atmosphere doesnt help my depression. Theres a never ending tension that comes with this house. Everytime I step through the door, it's as if every positive feeling I have influenced by the day prior disappears.

I rise from the bed, and walk downstairs, in search of something to eat.

The fridge is nearly empty, I suppose he used all his money on alchohol again.

~~~

I find myself laying on my bed once again. The silence is deafening, so I lean over and turn on the radio.

I imminently turn it off when I hear some kind of wack country music.

I go under my bed and pull out the small box. The one my mother left for me.

It's a small light blue box with intricate flowers painted on it. The box has a few tears on the edges of it. It looks like it's about to fall apart but this box is what my mother kept her things that had sentimental value. Therefore I cant bear to get rid of it.

I slowly remove the lid from the box. I see the few things she left in the box and I feel warm tears fall from my eyes as I pick up the rosary.

This is all my fault. If she wouldn't have had me, my dad would still be happy and wouldn't have been abusive towards her.

~~~

I pace back and forth through my small room. I'm very anxious right now. I'm really not sure why though, usually when I get anxious its because my dad will be home soon. Not today though, my dad has been gone for about 2 days now so I have 12 days until he returns.

~~~

So I have came to the uncomfortable conclusion that I should befriend sal. He really doesn't seem all that bad, and I dont want it to be awkward everytime I have to have him take care of my bruises and cuts, because no one else will.

I'm still contemplating on when I should try to hangout with him. I could now, but I'm Petrified to ask him. I mean what If he says no? Then I will seem ineptitude!

Fuck it.

I pull out my phone. I'm jittery. I dont know what he will say, and I'm kind of scared to know. I had already put his number into my contacts incase I lost the paper.

_________________________________________

Hello

Maybe starting off with a simple "hello" will make it more benevolent.

Within a few minutes I got a reply.

_________________________________________

Hi? Who is this?

Its Travis.

Oh hi

I was wondering if you'd want to hangout sometime?

Are u asking me out?

_________________________________________

My face felt like it was scorching.

What do I even say to that?! I'm not asking him out! It's just a friendly hangout.

_________________________________________

NO!

It was just a joke dude
loosen up

Meet me at the
park in an hour?

Ok, See you then.  

_________________________________________

I jump up from my bed and scurry over to my closet. I gently open up the wooden doors, and scan through my clothes.

I finally decide on my usual, purple shirt and blue Jean shorts.

I sigh. This is very stressful.

HIII sorry this was such a short chapter! I dont have very much motivation at the moment so please dont be too harsh.

Have a good day and dont forget to eat, drink water, and take any meds prescribed to you!

Dont forget to vote and comment if you liked this chapter!! ♡♡