First Years: Lineage

Depuis le début

I thought it was a good idea, especially after meeting you, I thought he wouldn't feel guilty. I figured he'd be fine and continue his travels and be a good dad from a distance for our baby because he knew I was happy with you.

I know he would have accepted us, he would see we loved each other and he would trust you being in our baby's life. But now with that prophecy, I don't want anyone coming after her. No one can know she's James' child. Not even him. They'd probably come after him too. Just run away with me."

"Make the stone again. I can stay with you and we can fight them if you make the stone again. I'm sure Nicolas Flamel must have passed the knowledge down to his family. I know you must know how to make the sorcerer's stone. You're his last living heir. You must know how. Make the stone and I can make the elixir of life from it and if they come after you I can bring you back."

"It doesn't work like that love. You can't bring me back with the elixir. Nothing could bring me back."

"Yes I can! We'll make a horcrux. You can kill my father, or better yet, my oldest sister's husband. He's almost worse than the Carrows he's descended from. Please. Please. You have to live. I can't lose you completely. It'll give you a half life if they come for you but I can restore you with the elixir, just like Voldemort tried. It will protect you. We can guard your baby until she's old enough to make one too." Leto said desperately.

"A horcrux! We can't make a horcrux Leto. It's wrong! I can't kill anyone, you know I can't. Even if they are evil, I can't take a life. Just come with me. Marry me instead of him. We can hide together, raise my baby together like we planned to. I've already thought of a name for her, to name her after you a bit since you've been here for me all of this time, don't you want to know what it is?"

"Please! Please stop being noble for once and save yourself!" Leto said, ignoring her.

"Save me and come with me. That's the only way I'll be safe. If you're by my side nothing can stop us. The prophecy said that too, remember? The child must have love in order to help defeat the dark lord's daughter? We love each other, and we can raise her with love."

"I can't. You know I can't. You know prophecies are vague anyway, maybe that's not even what it means. If I go with you they'll just come for you. They know I know you now.

I had to lie to my parents and tell them I was just pretending to be friends with you, that I was manipulating you to try to get you to tell me about the stone.

My father bought it but I don't think my mother did. She's smarter than she looks. I know she's questioning everything, if I suddenly disappear, its a target on your back. You know how rich they are, how resourceful. They'll find out about the baby. I have to do what they want me to do so they don't find out."

"You'll really marry him?"

"I have to." Leto said, with tears in her eyes. Her heart was in pieces.

She watched as the love of her life walked up to her and kissed her one last time.

"I love you. I hope you find happiness my love. I hope he's good enough for you. I'll miss you so much. Come find me when its all over. I'll always wait for you. I'll always take you back, even if it takes you fifty years to realize that all I need is you and my future baby."

Leto watched her walk away, unable to do anything despite watching her cry as she did, forcing herself to stand her ground because she couldn't bear to put her in danger even though she was breaking her heart right now. Both of their hearts.

________________

Leto almost died of pain when she found out the love of her life was going to be killed a few months later. She heard the whispers in her family's estate about how they might have found the chosen one's descendant and someone was going after her mother so that the child wasn't born.