Finn noticed his friend not paying to their conversation, quickly followed his gaze, simply smirking at what he saw. Nudging Mikes shoulder,Finn teased, "You know, if you stare any longer he might disintegrate into ashes." Receiving a loud laugh from Puck, and a punch on the shoulder from Mike, who still hadn't taken his gaze off the boy.

"I don't know what you're talking about man." He said, trying to sound as convincing as possible, finally looking away from Mickey, refocusing on Puck and Finn.

"Whatever you say dude, but seriously what's been going on between the two of you. Isn’t he like taken? I mean Come on, you guys were practically dating before he got with Lexi." Finn let out another loud laugh at that, quickly shutting up after seeing Mike’s frown,

"It’s complicated alright" Mike spoke with a sigh,”we were never dating we just I don’t know, we dated without the labels I guess” he sighed again, causing the two boys to become confused because just like the whole school they were sure the two were dating,”it was never an official thing, and if we ever wanted to date anyone we came with an agreement to ask the other so we wouldn’t be confused,but i guess during the whole thing I kinda-” he was interrupted

“You fell for him,” finn stated with a sympathetic tone, truly feeling sorry for the boy

“Wait seriously,?” Puck asked shocked, not expecting love to be on the table,but all they got in response was a sigh, was Mike really in love with Mickey he didn’t know but what he did know was that if Mickey was to tell him right then and there that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with him he would gladly say yes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day Kurt did try-outs for the football team and got in dancing to Single Ladies. After school Mickey had an off day from work so he chose to go out with Mike so now they both were at breadsticks together, like old times. The dinner had been fun and refreshing bringing back good memories until,

“So how have you and Lexi been?” Mike asked genuinely wanting to know, “You never really talk about your relationship,”

“We’ve uh, been good ye” Mickey spoke with hesitation, which Mike noticed but didn’t voice, “she’s great really,I’ve never met anyone like her,” He began to gush, making Mike wish he hadn’t asked,”she makes me a better person and notices things about me and other people that I didn't even realize,I don’t deserve her and she really helps me with my anger ya know,” he finished with smile on his face

“That's great” Mike said falsely smiling,”I’m glad you’re happy, it’s been a minute since I’ve seen you so bright,” he chuckled

“Yea,” Mickey chuckled a little feeling a sense of guilt washing over him, “happy”

Truth be told he was far from happy, deep down he was lonely wishing somebody could see through the act and help him, but he knew that would never happen Lexi made it clear that no one else loved him and he had to accept that she was the only person in the world that truly cared about him. All the smiles he got from his friends and family were fake, at least that’s what Lexi told him and she’s always right…..right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Single Ladies boomed through the intercom. Kurt danced for a few seconds, before kicking the football high in between the crossbars, making a field goal, and winning Mckinley the game. The crowd erupts in cheers, Santana and Mickey hugging each other, cheerfully screaming at their victory.

"Ten, hut!" Finn yelled, as the referee blew his whistle, signaling the end of the game. The sound of the crowd getting impossibly louder,

Burt amongst the louder parents yelling "THAT'S MY SON! THAT'S MY SON!" Mickey quickly let of Santana, and ran over away from the crowd to hug Lexi ,who seemed annoyed by the whole thing only there to show "support", forgetting to ask permission and engulfing her in a wholesome hug full of joy but quickly let go as he felt her hand go to his neck as she whispered,

“What the hell was that?” her grip becoming tighter, cutting off most of his airway, “You think because we’re in public you don’t have to follow the rules?” she asked coldly, gripping harder making him grab her hand desperately trying to get her hand off so he could breathe,tears starting to fall, ”or maybe you like being unloved huh? The one person who truly loves you asks you to follow a few rules and you can’t even do that” she shook her head and let him go, “shame, and just when I thought you were starting to learn..” as he gasp for air, his legs feeling weak, him holding the rail for support,”I guess we’ll just have to start over, ye” she smiles perfectly,patting his head and walking away as if nothing happened leaving him gasping for air and shaking in terror.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day in Glee Mickey was sitting next to Kurt, his head leaning on the elders shoulder while holding his hand staring blankly at the piano. No one knew why but the light in his eyes had dimmed after the game, Mike finding him balling his eyes out while punching the ground, repeatedly mumbling he was sorry,stupid,selfish and holding him until his anger had numbed out putting him to sleep. The ones closest to him such as Kurt,Santana,and Mike were told to watch out for him and report to Sue if they got any more information from him.

As the Glee clubbers were joking around, Will suddenly walked in with enthusiasm “Hey guys! Let's give a big Glee welcome to our three new members fresh off their big win on Friday night Noah Puckerman, Matt Rutherford, and Mike Chang." Mr. Shue exclaimed happily, "Regionals, here we come."