Chapter 20 - Thinking Forward

Matthew P.O.V.

You are waiting for Zircon, as usual. "usual" You really don't like this being a usual thing. This'll just be another day of doing nothing. Not like you can do anything to begin with. You considered using some sot of weapon against Zircon...but you remembered how easily he defeated you, so you doubt it'll work.

You just keep on reading. When he gets back, it's "bath time". You dread it, but it can't be avoided. When you tried to resist one time, he forcefully put you in the tub. And you are not fond of the idea of being undressed again...

For some reason, you hear a ticking noise.

Maya P.O.V.

Slaughtering these humans is a rarity nowadays. Mostly because there aren't many left to kill.

I'm on the outskirts of this town, patrolling. It's kinda boring... Me and the other protogen ran out of topics to talk about, so we just aimlessly searched and searched. Well, after this search, we can finally do something else. Building.

For the longest time, I wanted to have my own training grounds, where I could train physically and have the equipment for it. But because of the constant inva...uh...I never got around to. But this could be a fresh start. I could invite my friends too! I could be a sort of coach.

The thought of me with a whistle made me chuckle to myself.

Matthew P.O.V.

The wall exploded. Bits and pieces went flying everywhere. I hid behind the couch. Looking out, I saw a some people. 

They were wearing military outfits, camouflage. The turned to me.

???: Hey, you're human, right?

Matthew: ...uh...yeah...

???2: Thank goodness. We heard of a captive, and found you! Let's get out of here before -

Footsteps. Loud footsteps.

???: Come on, hurry!

These were complete strangers. Can you really trust them? Then again, can you trust Zircon You're not sure. Time seems to slow down. You consider your options.

Choice 1: Flee: Go with the unknown humans.

Choice 2: Stay: Wait for Zircon to arrive.

Once again, leave which option you want in the comments!