Chapter 6

Kristen's Pov

I regained my vision only to see Anna and Levi starring at me. "Are you feeling any better love," Anna asked me. "I feel, I f f feel, what happened," I stammered "You had 2 seizures, they were pretty bad. Mom called the doctor but he said you should be okay," Anna told me. Levi came back in with some water. Anna sat me up and handed it to me. I felt helpless.

Anna Kate's Pov

She looked so scared. She was pale and exhausted. Kristen was pretty small for a 10 year old.  How did I manage not to notice it earlier? I sighed and leaned forward, resting my elbows on my knees.

"Did you eat today," I asked her. "Not hungry," she replied. I gave her a look, she knew I would find out eventually. 'That's it, she didn't eat and now she is sick,' I thought.

"Kids, I'm headed to the store I'll be back in 10. If you need anything, call, Love you bye," Mom hollered "Love you," we shouted in unison.

I carried Kristen up to her bedroom and tucked her in. Levi went to bed as well. I scrolled through my phone when I got a call from an unknown number. "Hello, Anna Kate, who is this", " Oh, Oh no," I let out a sob. it was the police. Mom had been in an accident. She didn't make it.  "I am?" I said into the phone. I was able to take care of Levi and Kristen on my own!

It was finally time to break the news to them, I told Levi first. He cried and wrapped him in a hug. Next I told Kristen. We all cried and hugged for hours. I wasn't ready to be a parent yet, but I was an adult, 18 years old.

~~~~2 weeks later ~~~~

It has been 3 days since moms funeral. I got legal guardianship of Levi and Kristen.

Kristen still wasn't doing great, I guess she is just grieving. I've taken her shopping and she seemed happy. She still isn't talking much and I haven't seen her smile once.

Levi and I were both really worried about her. She's been quiet since her mothers funeral.

I finished my work early today and got a call as I was heading home to clean up.

~ On the Phone ~
S= School
AK= Anna Kate

Ak: Hello, what's going on?

S: Its your brother, Levi. I understand your going through a hard time and so I completely get why this happened.

AK: What's happened? Is Levi okay, is he hurt?

S: He's had another panic attack today.

AK: Really that's the third time this month! Do I need to come get him?

S: If you can yes.

AK: Ok I'm on my way, now how is he doing?

S: He's still in a panicked state, the nurse has given him his meds and were trying to calm him down.

AK: I'll be there soon, bye.

S: Thank you, bye

Good job on reading 502 words! I killed of the mom, I know, Sue me (don't actually sue me please). I reread this and was kind of confused a bit so if your confused too sorry.