𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐢𝐢. just like dirty dancing

Start from the beginning

Red slowly approached the door, knocking a few times before she heard footsteps approaching. She took a breath, preparing herself for whoever might answer the door.

Soon, Max Fischer's pale face would appear, slightly obscured by the door, which had only been half cracked open. Max immediately dropped the bagel he had in his mouth at the sight of her.

Red gulped, trying to find the right words to say, but instead, all she could fight out of her mouth at the moment was, "Maxi Pad."

"Red Robin." Max muttered back, immediately engulfing the girl in a hug. He was so happy to see her. He pulled away slowly, looking the girl up and down. "Oh shit, it's really you."

"Yeah, it's really me." Red cried, letting a few stray tears slip down her face before giving Max another hug. The feeling of excitement to see each other was mutual. It had been a month.

"Oh, my God. Come in, please." Max opened the door wider, leading Red into the small home.

Red spent hours explaining everything that had happened from over a month ago to within the last 24 hours with JJ. It was just about the same amount of an emotional rollercoaster for Max than it was for Red. He sat there, listening to everything Red had to say until she finally finished.

"So... you needed the flight records to lock Ward Cameron up?" Max asked. It was reasonable for that to be his main concern. It was the thing that brought him into this mess anyway. Red nodded. "Okay... good to know. And... Look, I'm really sorry about JJ... and I guess your mom. God, you've been through a lot, are you okay?"

"Pretty far from it, Max." Red gave him a sarcastic chuckle.

"You know what would make you feel better?" Max asked, suddenly more excited for Red. Red shrugged her shoulders. Nothing was the answer, but she listened to him irregardless. "Rafe Cameron is throwing a party today, you wanna come with?"

"Rafe Cameron might be the last person I want to see, remember?"

"Well, technically he's second to last."

Red took a breath, considering everything that could possibly happen in her mind. "Y'know what, fine. What do I have to loose?"

"That's the spirit!" Max cheered, giving Red a quick high-five. The pair hung around for a few more hours before eventually leaving for Rafe's party.

Red didn't intend to speak to Rafe, there were so many people at the party. She wouldn't be shocked if he didn't even realize she was there.

The pair pulled into the yard of The Cameron Estate and made their way in through the crowded gates. Teenagers from all around the island crowded the yard and inside the house, enough for one of them to get lost.

"I'm gonna go get a drink." Red informed, practically having to yell to get her message through over the speakers.

Red then made her way inside the house, helping herself to the bar on the patio. Just as she had gotten a shot of whiskey, the first of many, the host of the party himself had joined her on the patio, holding Sophia with one arm and a drink in the other.

Red practically ducked down, spinning the other way in her chair until Rafe eventually walked off the poarch. Once he was gone, Red turned back around, downing a shot of whiskey.