CHAPTER 21

Shruti

"Why didn't you wake me up?",I ask Varun .

It was morning and he was getting ready for his meeting .

"I tried but you didn't wake up",he says trying to make his tie but fails .

I get up from the bed and go towards him to help him with his tie .

"I slept without having dinner",I say as if I didn't eat like all kind of street foods after eating pani puri .

"Everyone tried to wake you up but you slept like a kumbhkaran",he says looking down at me as I finish with his tie .

"Anyways what time your meeting is ? And also try to come back quickly we need to practice for the group couple performance",I say .

"It's in an hour and a half and yes I will try to come early",he says looking at himself for the final time in the mirror .

"Then you should quickly have breakfast and leave otherwise you will get stuck in the traffic and will get late",I say walking him out of the room .

"Alright see you later",he says .

"Yup see you later",I say and head back in the room and later make my towards the bathroom .

__________________

"We will practice until Varun comes back",Aarya says .

"Yes and you both don't make any excuses saying that you will practice with Varun and blah blah",Shivani says .

"Yes Mam",Ankit and Dev say together .

"Ah by the way Dev how is Avni doing?",I ask him .

"Avni ? She is doing okay now and her job keeps her busy",he says .

"Glad she works at Rohan and Rishi's company and Sakshi bhabhi and Aisha also work there so I get to know how she is doing",he says and I nod .

"I have heard about her but didn't met her once she didn't even came to Aarya and Ankit's wedding",I say .

"Well you know the reason why",he says smiling sadly and I pat his back .

"Anyways the songs are finalised right?",I ask changing the topic quickly .

"Kajra re Kajra , Chaiya Chaiya and Gallan Gudiya right?",Shivani asks .

"But why do I feel someone else from both of their relatives already choose the Gallan Gudiya song",Aarya says .

"I also think that maybe we should change the song",Ankit says .

"How about we all start practising for the first 2 final songs and we can ask Varun's opinion later",I suggest and everyone agrees .

"Also where is Pranjal?",I ask .

"She went out with Aunty and she will be back by evening",Dev says .

Just then my phone rings .

It was Varun .

Huh ? Dosen't he have a meeting?