twenty-two

Taytum

It was almost the end of May and soon it was time for uni.

Sofia was going to UCLA. She'd be staying local so she can be closer to home. She wanted to become a nurse like her mom. The past couple of weeks we got a bit closer. I stressed to her that I never hated her or her mom. She ended up being really nice and forgiving.

I was leaving for college in a week. My dad and I were trying to get a few things I'd need.

"Taytum, you're going to need this." He said as he put something in the cart.

I looked to it. An ice cream scoop.

"Daddd no I won't. I'm most likely going to just eat it straight from the tub. You know, when I have one of those endless nights of studying." I told him.

He rolled his eyes. "Cmon Tay I didn't raise you as a Neanderthal" he said.

I laughed. "Okay fine"

We walked through Target and got a few more things.

"Anything you forget we can just order on Amazon" he said and I nodded.

We got home and unloaded his car. Slowly and slowly we were packing up the things I'd need overtime so that we wouldn't leave everything for last the minute.

I walked into my dad's room and laid on the bed. He laid next to me.

"I'm going to miss you bubs"

"I'm going to miss you too." I said sadly.

"The good thing is that I'm only an hour away. Whether I'm tired or stressed or sick or whatever the case is, we're only and short drive" I told him.

"Yeah" he breathed out.

"Or when I need you to help me study for my med school exams, you bet I'll be staying here" I told him.

He laughed. "Oh yeah don't worry, there's no better people to study with than a all the attendings" he laughed out.

"Promise me something" he said.

"Sure, anything" I responded.

"You'll work for yourself and do everything in your power to make yourself happy" he breathed out.

"I promise" I whispered.

"Good" he said as he kissed my forehead.

"And don't forget, you'll always be my baby girl" he whispered.

"Dadddd I'm going to college, not fighting in the Civil War." I laughed out.

"I'm saying the truth." He laughed out.

I laughed.

"Just wait until you have a boyfriend. Oh he doesn't even know what's coming for him. Not even the Avengers can save him" he smiled.

"Can't wait" I smiled.