sixteen

Luke

As if things couldn't get more tense. The thing is- she was right 100%. The boys and I knew she wouldn't react lightly to this.

One thing I can give my kid is that she's smart. I don't know who she takes after but she also doesn't sugar coat things. She's fierce.

"Tay why don't you excuse yourself?" suggest Cal. He was in an uncomfortable position. On one hand he had his girl and her daughter but on the other he has his niece who he's known since birth.

"No thanks, I'm quite comfortable where I am." she smiled.

She wasn't making it easy.

Before we knew it the door opened and the girls walked in.

"Hey guys!"

"Hi babe." Sierra said as she came over and kissed me on the cheek.

"Oh hey Ava & Sofia! How are you guys?"

"Good." Ava responded.

"Well" Sofia smiled.

"If you'll excuse me." said Taytum. And she walked upstairs.

Taytum

I went on my bed and sat for a minute.

So many changes happening all at once and I couldn't process it. First we have two new houseguests. Next I have a freaking roommate. Plus the normal tag teaming against me and whatnot.

I couldn't handle it.

I took out my suitcase and started packing it. Yes my suitcase. I packed all my favorite clothes and personal things. I made sure my room was clean.

I took the back staircase down to my car and put it in my trunk.

I needed to be away from this place for a while.

I went back inside and texted my dad to come upstairs.

Within a few minutes he was here.

"Hey"

"Hi" I said, suddenly finding my shoes more interesting.

"Talk to me" he said.

"I'm going to be spending the next couple weeks at moms." I blurted out.

"Wh-what?" he asked concerned.

"I need a break from everything happening. It's too much in a small period of time. " I said looking at my feet. A few tears slipped out.

"Tay- baby." He bent down in front of me. "Talk to me"

"I'm going to stay with mom and Chance. I need my space."On the bright side Sofia can settle in" I breathed out.

He pulled me into a hug. "No don't even focus on them. Don't pay attention to them."

A couple moments passed of silence.

"I'm going to go now. I don't want to get there too late." He nodded.

We walked out the back.

"I love you Taytum." he said as he gave me a long hug.

"I love you too dad."

And I drove off.