four

On the way home my mom called me.

"Hi baby, I heard you had an appointment today. How was it?" she asked me softly.

"Good. I just hate them."

"Aww baby I know. I'm sorry. He said he was going to tell you last week."

"Well I found out this morning." I told her sadly.

"I'm sorry love. I know how much you hate it."

"Yeah it's okay. How was your day mom."

"It was good. Tonight Chance and I are going out for dinner baby, wanna come?" she asked me excitedly.

"Sure."

"Okay no problem, we'll pick you up at 6."

I had a good relationship with my mom & Chance. My mom was my bestfriend. She's always there for me and understands where I'm coming from. Chance too. He was so kind and caring and protective.

I started to think about the whole situation. I accepted that I had an appointment. What I was pissed about was the fact that they lied to me. They could've told me earlier- but decided to keep it a secret. All of them. And that's what I can't handle.

I got home and took a nap. When I woke up it was almost time for them to pick me up.

I got dressed and put on a yellow summer dress with a Jean jacket. I got my white vans on and quickly straightened my hair. I grabbed my purse and headed downstairs.

I saw everyone there including Chance and my mom. I ran up to Chance and gave him a hug. "Hi Princess how are you?" He whispered.

"I've been better."

He looked at me with concern

"Let's head out to eat and we can talk about it tonight, okay?" I nodded my head.

My parents were arguing. Now they're not the type of parents to argue constantly. They're actually pretty civil. But my mom isn't afraid to stand up for what's right & put anyone in their place.

"-why did you lie to her huh? But then you complain now she doesn't trust you and how she is distant from you?" My mom tried to reason with him

"Listen Alayna I didn't lie to her but at the same time she was going to freak out."

"And that makes it any better? Gosh Luke." I heard my mom say as she rolled her eyes, unphased.

Everyone's watching. Sierra comes next to my dad and holds his hand. She looks at me.

"Taytum love, we're sorry for not telling you." She says gently.

Cue akward moment of silence.

"If you're sorry then why have you done it multiple times?" No seriously they have a couple times. I bite back.

My dad suddenly screams at me.

"THAT IS NO WAY TO SPEAK TO HER. YOU APOLOGIZE RIGHT NOW." he said angrily.

"You've had such a terrible attitude today and I've had it. I'm not raising a brat." he told me, mad as ever.

say sike right now.

Suddenly Chance speaks up. "I get it I'm not her biological father. But I've treated her as my child since I've met her. And I'm sorry but you will not speak to her like that. She stood up for herself and tried to make a point. She shouldn't of had an attitude but I guess that's what happens when you do things behind her back."He said menacingly. He's very intimidating when he wants to be.

My dad looks at him. "Stop picking up for her. She was wrong. Sierra was only trying to apologize." He looks at me. "Hand me your keys, phone and laptop. You lost those."

So standing up for myself gets me in trouble now?

I started to get tears in my eyes.

Chance looks at me. He pulls me into his chest. "Hey it's okay don't let him get to you. Go upstairs and get the things. While you're up there pack a bag for a few days. You'll come home with us love." I nodded my head and went upstairs.

I got all my things and put them in my bag. I grabbed my keys and laptop along with my phone. As I made my way downstairs, I handed him everything in his hand without looking. A few teardrops dropped down as I was giving it to him.

Without looking I made my way over to my mom and Chance. We all walked out the door.

Luke

Gosh what have I done.

I looked up to everyone.

Ashton spoke first. "Look man, you were both wrong. She had no right to be mad but you also had no right to yell at her."

"I agree with Ash, Luke she's a teenage girl. You have to be careful what you say. You have to be honest with her and try to understand where she's coming from. You guys know she's afraid of the doctors. Maybe we should've told her earlier so she wouldn't have had that much anxiety.

We all looked at each other and nodded.