Chase interrupts all the smaller groups to force us into one giant circle to take our first bridal party shot of the week. I notice Logan has found his way back to me and he smirks before he tilts up his shot glass. He then snatches mine from my hand and downs it quickly. 

"I'm not letting you take shitty shots after all that frozen shit. It's too early for you to be puking. Let's get you something else." He then waltzes off toward the bar and no one seemed to notice our interaction. I can't tell if I am peeved he took my shot or grateful that he's looking out for me. 

"Pictures! Pictures!" Ainslee squeals as she forces us all together but Logan is still at the bar. She snaps a few pics and then Maddie takes her phone over to take selfies. Alex accidentally bumps into me once the group photos are over and by the way he slurs, I am guessing they all drank heavily on the plane. 

"You're the planner, right? He asks and he's already swaying. I met him briefly at Logan's launch party last year but I am not surprised he doesn't remember me with how toasted he got there. 

I nod, "Yep. And a bridesmaid now." 

"How you know Ainslee," he asks and I can see Ainslee is a hard name to spit out when you're drunk. 

"I actually work with Chase and know her through him," I answer but I am thinking he won't retain any of this information...again. 

"Ah," he says with a nod and I wonder if he's going to fall over. "You single?" 

I laugh. I'm already surprising myself with whatever is happening with Logan and I know for damn sure that nothing at all will ever happen with Alex Partell, resident douche canoe of this group. He got so drunk at Logan's launch party that he started lifting me up as if he was curling me and watched his arms flex as he did so. 

Before I can answer him, Logan hands me a fresh piña colada and says, "She's married actually." I glance at him in confusion, wondering where he is going with this. 

"Oh," Alex says while his eyes droop, and then Logan adds, "To her work. And Señor Harlow." He frowns dramatically before sipping on whatever cocktail he got, but I am grinning. 

"Cool," Alex replies and I can tell he now wants to exit this conversation. He does a quick glance around and luckily Maddie comes bounding over to us, flicking her long blonde hair behind her. 

"Guys, we wanna go take some pictures down at the beach before we jump into the pool, cool?" We nod and I watch as she slides her long arm around Logan's and pulls him away from the bar.

 It shouldn't bug me. 

It really shouldn't. 

But it fucking does. 

I fall in line behind Alex while Ainslee and Chase lead the charge to the beach. Lauren finds me as we are trotting down the wide wooden steps that lead us out of the resort and says, "I'm so happy you came here early with us." 

"Oh yeah?" I pant, trying not to die of heat while walking through the thick sand. 

"Yeah, I feel like you're not as crazy as the rest of the girls. I love them, but...they can be a lot when they get drunk." I notice she's also panting and it makes me feel better. Maddie and Tory are skipping along to the water as if this trek isn't a complete workout and the wind blows up their robes, exposing their thong bottoms. I never thought I would feel frumpy and overdressed in a black one-piece and jean shorts.  

"Oh yeah? Anything I should prepare for?" I hesitantly ask and Lauren spins her red braid around her finger before answering, "Tory gets mouthy, Kaitlyn and Maddie just want to find guys to flirt with and I just usually want to go to sleep."