"What?" He asked, his voice uncertain, but still thick, his eyes dark and full of her.

"I love you, Jasper." Margaret laughed under her breath, almost not understanding how, but she did. It had all happened so fast, but it was what her heart told her, and after today, she couldn't deny it any longer. The feeling that she had known him forever never faded, their relationship only grew stronger and blossomed into a beautiful love they shared, never tiring of each other's company or conversation.

"And I love you, Margaret Swan." He breathed, their lips meeting in a quick kiss before he stood. Margaret took note of how the snow had fallen on his hair like a light halo, shining in the light. "Come, I wouldn't want to get on the Chief's bad side." Margaret watched him for some time before she took his hand and stood beside him.

The ride back was over all too soon, and Margaret stayed in the car for a few more minutes after seeing her father's car in the driveway. Eventually, Jasper walked her to the door and stole a quick kiss before her father opened the door.

"Ah, you're back already," Charlie stated, not missing the bright smile his daughter wore on her face.

"We had a lovely time pops," Margaret assured her father, he nodded, eying the boy on his doorstep.

"I'll see you soon, Maggie," Jasper said hopefully, Maggie agreed and they hugged for a few seconds, neither wanting to let go.

"Don't be a stranger, Jasper," Charlie called as the boy walked back to his car. "Thursdays are baseball days here," he trailed on, "and you're always welcome." He concluded, his hands signaled towards the house.

"Thanks, Mr. Swan, I'll take you up on that," Jasper announced with a bright smile. Margaret and her father watched the car drive away before going inside.

"You look, happy, Maggie." Charlie had his hands in his jeans pockets and rocked back and forth in his heels. The sound of clattering keys echoed as Margaret left her stuff by the front door. "Did he treat you right?" He inquired.

"If you're asking if he held doors open for me, pops, he did." Margaret laughed. "Dad, I had a wonderful time." She held her father, her smile truthful and wide.

"Do you love him?" Charlie pressed on.

"I do, pops," She said in an instant, with no room for doubts. "But, you're still my favorite." She teased, poking him in his chest and earning a soft laugh from him.

Margaret spent the rest of the school year going to the Cullen's house or having Jasper over. Some people at school thought it was weird how they were always together, during class, lunch, and free periods. They were practically joined at the hip. If Margaret wasn't with Jasper she was with one of his siblings, except Edward, who mostly kept to himself. Paul also took notice of this, and he wasn't exactly thrilled. One day, when Margaret was visiting Emily during spring break everything went wrong.

Margaret had just spent the day with Jasper, he had been teaching her piano after she repeatedly insisted. She had baked easter cookies and decided to leave some at the Reservation for Emily and the boys. Margaret tried calling Paul to tell him she was coming over, but he wouldn't pick up the phone. Luckily, when she knocked on the door Emily opened it with a wide smile.

"Maggs!" She exclaimed as she pulled her in for a hug. "It's been too long!" She scolded her as they both went in.

"It's been barely a month! But before you lecture me I'd like to inform you that I brought easter cookies, and the boys don't know yet..." She hummed restlessly, placing the container on her kitchen counter.

"I'll have to forgive you then!" Emily concluded, grabbing a cookie and biting into it. From the outside, incoherent voices were mixing and approaching. Through the window, Margaret distinguished Sam, Paul, and Jacob. Margaret stood contently and went to go outside through the kitchen door. As she left she heard Emily calling her in a hushed tone.