~Suspicion~

But they made it. It's time to get some answers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kanao heard Tanjiro coming back. He shut the door and went inside the house. Kanao wasn't about to say hello. Instead, she poured herself some tea and sipped quietly. But when she saw Tanjiro's expression, she knew something's wrong.

"Where's Daki?" She asked. 

"Home. What do you think?" Tanjiro replied. Something's up with him. Kanao could tell there was something bothering Tanjiro. 

"What happened?" She repeated.

"Why do you wanna know? It's none of your business." Tanjiro snapped, slightly angry. It seemed like that he accidentally slipped that something has really happened,  just like Kanao thought.

"Whatever you say," Kanao shrugged. But secretly she vowed that she would find out what was with him. Maybe he even cheated on her again! With that thought, she was even more determined to find out. 

Tanjiro somehow felt... Guilty. For lying to Inosuke. Even a bit for lying to Kanao about Daki.

He couldn't stand staying in this house anymore. Tanjiro was about to head out the door for work again when Kanao asked, "Are you going to work again?" He nodded, annoyed. "I thought you just came back, thought!" Tanjiro rolled his eyes and shook his head. "I'm just going again, okay? Mind your own business!" Then he slammed the door and left in his car, driving away as fast as he can. 

Kanao thought for a second and decided to text Mitsuri, Nezuko and Aoi for help. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~IN THE GROUP CHAT~

Kanao: Hey!

Nezuko: what's up?

Aoi: time to chat for a bit? I'm kind of bored

Mitsuri: Sorry my internet was really laggy so I didn't get the notifications

Kanao: I need your help

Nezuko: ooh something about Tanjiro, right? 

Mitsuri: It's sad that you got cheated on and got married to him 

Kanao: yeah forced engagement. Anyways he has been acting pretty sus

Nezuko: How

Kanao: he seemed uhm like something was bothering him

Mitsuri: Okayyyyy?

Kanao: It's more than that! I feel like it has something to do with Daki

Aoi: HER

Mitsuri: HER

Nezuko: HERRRRRRRRR!!!!

Kanao: okay, okay! Chill! I need your help on sneaking me into the company. Daki works at the front desk, so she would tell Tanjiro the second I came in. 

Aoi: Ooh! I know another door to inside and I totally do not use it to sneak snacks... 

Kanao: it doesn't matter just take me there!!!

Nezuko: Uh we'll pick you up at  4:45?

Mitsuri: That sounds good to me

Kanao: same

Aoi: see u later

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later after they picked Kanao up, Mitsuri drove them to the company as Aoi took them to the "secret door" she uses to sneak snacks. She opened it and revealed a simple pathway. There was barely any light, but Kanao was just glad that it wasn't crusty or dirty. 

Aoi cracked the door open, finally letting them see some light. And surely, they saw Daki at the front desk, looking at her phone, probably watching TikTok or Youtube Shorts. 

But they made it. It's time to get some answers.

Author's note

I'm kind of tireddddddd but at least I finally finished this chapter! PLZZZZ vote! We would really appreciate it-! Emerald will post on Friday. Bye~!

XOXO, 

DiamondRuby