~The Party~

Very briefly, she could've sworn he'd stared in her direction. But it was only for a second.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tanjiro Kamado, a young college graduate student, sat under the sakura tree in his backyard. 

You would think it was just a normal tree, lousing back there in the yard. Really, it wasn't. That tree held most of Tanjiro's childhood.

His best friend, Kanao Tsuyuri, had planted it for him. Whenever he was sad, happy, mad, frustrated, he'd go to that tree. Not to mention how he still did that sometimes even today.

Kanao would also go with him sometimes. But that was all the past. The girl moved away right before they started middle school.

Tanjiro missed her deeply. Every then and now, the tree brought back memories of her.

"Onii-san!" Nezuko Kamado, Tanjiro's younger sister, snapped him back to attention.

"Imouto-chan! What's up?"

Nezuko waved a letter, "We got an invitation to a newly moved in family's party!"

"Oh, really? Read the letter."

"Konichiwa, Kamado Family, " Nezuko began, "We invite you to our party this afternoon. We hope you can attend. Sincerely, The Kocho Family."

Tanjiro got up, "Hai, let's get ready to go." 

"Kanao-chan, the party's starting!" Kanae said.

Kanao groaned, threw her phone aside,  and got out of her bed in her family's new mansion.

Kanao Kocho used to be Kanao Tsuyuri. Ever since her parents died when she was in seventh grade, she was adopted into the Kocho family.

Now she was richer than she could ever imagine. Sometimes, it was more than she could handle.

"Come on, imouto-chan!" 

Kanao threw on her dress. She looked at herself in the mirror. She couldn't recognize the girl she was seeing.

 She couldn't recognize the girl she was seeing

Then she flung open her door and followed her adoptive sister.

It was crowded downstairs. Kanao swore she'd never seen more people than that before. 

Out of all the unimportant people, she spotted a red haired boy. 

The boy reminded her of her childhood best friend, Tanjiro Kamado.

Before her parents died, she lived in this same village. Tanjiro was an extremely rich boy whom she'd always looked up to. 

They had met and became friends. Once for his birthday, Kanao had bought a sakura sapling. She planted it in his backyard. They would often visit it together.

But she moved away before middle school. After her parents died, she'd stayed with her adoptive family for years and surprisingly moved back to the village. 

Kanao's eyes strayed back to him. He'd grown so much older. 

Very briefly, she could've sworn he'd stared in her direction. But it was only for a second.

AUTHOR' NOTE:

Hello. Sorry for not posting in a while. 

We were taking "a break".

BAIII. AND PLZ VOTE!

OXOX, 

EmeraldSapphire