Chapter 17- Love Is In The Air

Ever since Adira had made her decision, it has been hard to tell Eric and Emirate. It has only been a few days since the incident and Emirate is eagerly waiting for an answer. They also moved to a different spot and now poor Adira could not speak to her goddess friend. They were now resting by a famous river called The Fallen River. On the other hand Eric has been busy finding out the perfect way to confess his feelings to Adira.

A picnic? Will she even like that? Ugh, I really want to tell her how I feel but im too scared that I might get rejected..

As he was lying on his bed, laying on his stomach and using his arms to hold his head up, footsteps then enter his tent but he does not seem to bothered by it.

"Eric? Are you okay buddy?" Emirate then dragged him away from his thoughts, causing him to jump.

"Woah, you scared me there!" Eric responds feeling very much startled. "And yes, I am okay.."

"You sure? It seems like you have a lot on your mind?" Emirate responded curiously.

"Oh well.. Yeah." Eric gave up, hiding his secrets were not the best idea.

"Is it your mother?" Emirate then sat down next to him while Eric moved to give him some space.

"Well not really.. But I wish it was though." A tear then comes out of his eye.

Emirate leaned towards him, giving him a hug. It was new for Eric. He had never been hugged before. Emirate gave him his first hug. And he actually loved it.

"Its tragic.. I lost my parents when I was young. Then I got sold as a slave to the Palace but Queen Diana treated me like her son ever since.." Emirate then shared the moment by letting out his own tears aswell.

"Atleast we have something in common.." Emirate looks Eric in the eye and then shares a smile with him.

It felt different.. When he was around Adira, he felt awkward but when he was around Emirate, he felt super comfortable.

Is this what you call friendship?

His smile became even more wider as he was thinking. He made a friend. A real friend.

"Now.. What were you actually thinking about?"

"Oh uhm.." Eric looked shy to say but since Emirate became his new friend, he decided to build up the confidence to tell him. "How do you confess your feelings to a girl?"

It was silent for a few minutes and Emirate stared him dead in the eye. He looked serious.

Am I in trouble? Oh dear..

"Wow.. You are in love?! Let me guess. Is it Adira?" Emirate felt excited as ever.

Eric looked suprised, he thought he was going to lose a really good friendship right there but Emirate actually seemed quite excited.

"Yes.." Eric admitted his feelings for Adira.

"Oooooo!" Emirate started squealing.

"Shh! Not so loud.." Eric raised his voice at him and started smiling even more.

Goodness.. He is so adorable. Haha.

While Emirate was filling him up with all the details, Adira went out to the river with her book. She has not read a chapter ever since the day of the incident.

I cant handle this anymore. This book is going to tell me too much that I dont want to know.

Without hesitation, she threw the book in the river and watched it flow down the river stream.