Chapter 16- It All Makes Sense

Damien is lying in bed. Eyes closed, arms aligned and his warm under the covers. The rest of his room is cold. In the hallway waiting outside, was his two cousins and Charlene. They were all silent. Suddenly the door opens and an old man dressed  in a white coat walks out, making Madelyn and Charlene stand up immediately.

"Is he okay, doctor?" Madelyn questioned him looking worried, feeling worried.

"He is perfectly fine and stable but all of his strength is drained away and it might take a long time for him to regain it back." the man responds, looking serious.

"When will he be awake?" Caleb then questions him, standing up.

"Unfortunately, that is the problem that I was just about to discuss with you guys. This boy is right now in a coma and who knows how long it takes before he wakes up again." the man reads from his clipboard.

"Not even a spiritual mage can wake him up. Whatever happened to him, it caused serious damage but he is still perfectly healthy and just needs to get a lot of rest." he smiles.

"Thank you doctor." Charlene smiles back at him.

The man then walks away with his clipboard and the rest are to scared to walk in.

"Ladies first.." Caleb says to them.

Madelyn rolls her eyes and slowly opens the door handle and the door opens slowly.

"Oh, Damien!" she starts to tear up as she rushes towards his side.

Charlene and Caleb walk in behind her. There lies the boy who unlocked his power after many years. There lies to boy who finally stood up to his mother. There lies the boy who is the new King Of The Ocean.

Back at the camp

"Well.. Damiens down. So that will slow them down a bit." Emirate says picking up some sticks.

"What do you mean?" Eric questioned him.

"His power finally unlocked but now his strength drained and he is now in a coma. I had another vision this early this afternoon." Emirate responded.

"Wow.." Eric was suprised.

"Im going to head in the forest to find more sticks." Emirate said.

"Alright!" Eric responded.

As Emirate heads out into the forest he spots Adira sitting down, leaning against a tree. From what he could see, she was busy staring at a stone and it was probably the black gemstone that the Atlantians were looking for.

"Hey, you okay?" he walks up to her.

"Just studying this gem." Adira says not being suprised or startled that he is there.

"Do you mind if I?" he questioned her.

"Sure." she said.

He sat down next to her looking up to the sky. Adira joined him.

"What are we going to do?" she asks him.

"What do you mean?" he responds looking confused.

"My mom, she let me keep the gemstone and she let me run away with it. Why?" she looks down at the gem and starts to fiddle with it.

"Because.. I cant tell you but you will understand soon.." he responded.

"What am I even supposed to do with this gem? I am putting the Doorthian Kingdom in a lot of danger." she frowns.

"Look Adira, there is only two ways this can go. You can either take the short way and get everyone killed or take the long way not get everyone killed. But you will still most likely die going any way." he looks at her.

"Tell me.." she says.

"Well the short way is that, you take the gemstone to Charlene but she is anyways is going to kill the whole Doorthian kingdom for not being honest with her. Or you can go the long way which is that you use the gem to your advantage, take its power, form an army and fight the Atlantians to save your kingdom. Fight for your father." he looks back up at the sky.

It takes Adira a while to answer his question but she never had one.

"Ill think about it.." she said.

"Okay, well im going to head back." he stood up and left waving to her.

Charlene, you are really not fair are you?

"Goodness.." she said to herself.

"Hey Adira!" a voice comes from in front of her.

Adira looks up and sees Almaz, the girl she saw yesterday in the same forest. She was startled making herself jump.

"Hey.. Almaz." Adira smiled at her.

"What are you doing all alone here?" she asked.

"Oh well, just admiring the forest." Adira responded.

"Oh goodie!" Almaz responded excitedly.

A loud horn like sound then blows from the back of the forest and it yet attracts the attention of both Adira and Almaz but not those who are in the camp.

"I have to go.." Almaz says looking sad.

"I hope we can meet again said soon." she then smiles.

She was about to leave but Adira needed motivation.

"Wait!" Adira shouted out.

"What?" Almaz responded.

"I might not be here tomorrow so, any words of inspiration. I could really use some right now before you go." Adira said, smiling.

"Umm okay? How about.. Always follow your heart and don't make decisions using your head. Is that okay?" Almaz questioned her.

"That's perfect." Adira smiled. "Bye.. For now."

"Bye." Almaz waved at her and left immediately.

After thinking for a few minutes, Adira was done thinking. She knew which path she was going to choose but it was definitely going to be a hectic one. While she was rubbing her chest randomly, she felt a weird hole there. It was definitely big. It then brought back a memory from her childhood. She was playing tag with her brothers and was not looking where she was running so she tripped over and fell. Their was a sharp rock underneath her that stabbed her in the chest. Her parents rushed her to the hospital quickly. Luckily it was not a serious injury. It could've stabbed her heart. The hole look like it could fit a random small object in there or a stone..

And that is when Adira realized that.. The accident that she had.. Was intended to happen. Her father gave her the gem and his last words. It all made sense. Adira's father wanted her to carry on his legacy, their legacy. He wanted her to become evil.

Adira then put the gemstone in her scar and all of a sudden, her eyes turned fully black. Her vains aswell. Her once blue dress, turned into strong black armor. Charlene was right. But what does happen if the gemstone ever got into a girls hands. Well, that girl.. That specific girl. She is must more dangerous than anyone in the world. The Dark Princess.

Did you enjoy chapter 16? It was quite short but a lot has being going on. Hope you did enjoy though!