Chapter 12 Truths & Vibrant Vocabulary

The ride home was silent. Where rudra was uneasy about talking to aksh thinking he might talk to him about leaving, aksh was trying to think of ways by which his brother might forgive him. Aksh knew he has to dig deep. Both sam and sammar are right, it's only fair to give benefit of doubt to rudra and let him explain his side of the story. If there really is some misunderstanding than he needs to know. And even if the truth is what he has known his whole life, he will still overcome it, forget it or atleast bury it so deep down in his heart that it will no longer create rift between him and his bhaiya. 12 years of separation was painful but the past 5 days has shown him real hell. Staying away from rudra when he is so near was agonizing for aksh and he was ready to let go any grudge, any resentment if that means that rudra will love and accept him now.

Once they reach home rudra ask him to accompany him to his study, so that they can talk peacefully. Both went and sat there on the couch. Rudra was clueless about what to say or do. He just sat there looking down. He was scared of what aksh was about to say to him. He was sure aksh wants to go away from him and he was feeling too helpless to do anything about it. He wanted to avoid this conversation for as long as possible just to have aksh live in the house even if rudra no longer does. Atleast he will where his brothers are, atleast he can still take care of them, be a part of their life even if it is from a distance.

Looking at him aksh thought that he has hurt his bhaiya so deeply that Rudra can't even look at him

Looking at him aksh thought that he has hurt his bhaiya so deeply that Rudra can't even look at him. Aksh closed his eyes against the tears that were about to spill. When he opened his eyes, he saw a few tears escaping rudra's eyes and spilling down his cheeks. Seeing rudra like that shook aksh to the core and before he could say anything he just buried himself deep in rudra's embrace and started sobbing hysterically.

Rudra was too shocked to react. This was the very first time aksh was hugging him since he has met him. For a moment he even thought that he was loosing his mind and imagining all this. He got hold of himself and looked at his brother who was trying to burry himself deeper and deeper in his embrace sobbing uncontrollably. Rudra hugged him back and started rubbing his back affectionately.

Rudra "akshu, bas bachcha, kya hua, pls mat ro, bol na kya hua. Beta I'll do whatever you want par tu pls rona band kar. I promise I won't force you to do anything, Tu nahi rehna chahta mere saath, koi baat nahi, it's your wish, do what you want to do par pls beta aise ro mat. "

Aksh got scared listening to rudra, he has hurt his brother enough for him to get ready to let him go away. "I am sorry bhaiya, I am really sorry, pls mujhe fir se mat chhodiye, I am really sorry."

His crying was making rudra so restless that he was getting scared. Rudra pulled away and wiped aksh's tears and said "chup ho jaa bachcha, main kyun chhodunga tujhe, pls aisa mat bol, I can never ever leave you beta."

Aksh "pakka, aap mujhe fir se khud se alag nahi karenge na? Main is baar nahi. Jhel paunga bhaiya, ab aapke bina nahi jee paunga main."

Rudra was shocked at his words. What was he saying "ye kya bol raha hai beta, maine kab chhoda tujhe, haan abhi 3-4 din baat nahi ki kyunki i thought you needed some space from me.