𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 12

Rishabh was bent down till his chest was mere inches apart from his knees. Rest everyone circled him around, watching him.

Ashi patted her hand on his back and ashi announced names one by one.

"Three"

Rishabh croaked and waited for the next pat. They decided their turns for batting and weren't really happy with the number they got.

Ashi was after all eight people and she was the ninth one.

"Today is not my day" She shook her head muttering under her breath but look up to rishabh.

She wanted to do it all over again and gave him a sheepish smile.

"Rishabhhh... " She poked her finger in his hard as a rock muscle and gave him the doe eye.

He blinked down at her confused and she smiled again.

"Bend down, I want to do it again" She said looking away and rishabh started backing off.

"The fuck we are" He walked away cleaning his shirt that had flecks of garden mud on it.

A pout formed on her face and ishan didn't like it.

He was watching then from the window of his room that gave the clear view of the garden.

He narrowed his eyes at rishabh , who had no idea that his older brother is glaring daggers at him.

If looks could kill, rishabh would be dead and the glass of the window would've been shattered to pieces by now.

He walked straight towards the exit of the room and jogged down wearing his ball cap on his head.

On the other hand, the game started. Ashi gave the first person a headstart and let him make 20 runs on his own. It was just because of her poor ball throwing skills and too much excitement to bat.

"Come on ashi!! " Isha cheered for her newly found best friend even though she knew nothing was going to happen.

She threw the ball with the least amount of force and the ball hit the bat with force.

Silence lingered in air as everyone watched the ball going high in the air, so high that they had to squint their eyes with their hands on their foreheads to focus.

But it was a easy catch, ishan entered the garden at the same time and catched the ball effortlessly in his long and large hands.

Cheers erupted in the whole area and ashi lunged at ishan, causing him to startle but he held her waist trying to balance her.

"Yay! Thank you thank you thank you! " She shrieked in his arms, still laughing and giggling like it was her who did it.

His heart did a little flip inside his chest. He didn't understand the feeling. What the fuck was that? Whatever it was, it definitely made him feel uneasy.

ashi pushed him away forcefully, and laughed at the person who got out.

"Hey! Yeh kya ? Ishan bhai team mein the hi nahi! " The one who mercilessly got out threw bat on the ground, stomping his legs like a child.

But ishan was too busy watching ashi burst with happiness. He was almost about to smile in front of everyone.

Making her laugh these days was difficult and making her laugh like a mad woman definitely gave him the satisfaction.

"Nothing like that! You are out. Just give the bat and start fielding" Ashi said switching the ball in her hand and walking towards the pitch again.

"Are you playing with us? " Rishabh asked looking at ishn with an excited look on his face.

Of course they were shocked because ishan never willingly played such games with them.

"Yes"

"Do you want to do the taal-baal again? " He asked again with the same amount of amusement.

Rolling his eyes, ishan walked further into the garden where everyone where gaping at him.

Ashi hadn't noticed that ishan was also a part of the game now. She was too busy bullying the poor guy who was bullied even after scoring twenty runs all alone.

"You're playing with us? "

Ashi screeched. With her mouth wide open with smile on her lips. She asked him with a loud tone.

Ishan shrugged casually, trying to set up the wickets and bringing out the knee pads, the helmets and gloves.

Everyone sighed looking at him. He was too particular. More about his safety.

Ashi's eyes shined with mischief as she thought it is the best moment to get the chances of her batting higher and earlier than others.

"Let's do the tossings again! " She said dragging rishabh again with struggle and difficulty.

Rishabh groaned rubbing a hand on his face.

"I'm not doing it, bhabi. Please" He was pleading now. Ashi pouted at him trying to pull him into the thirst trap.

"Rishabh"

One word from ishan and he was already half bent in front of ashi.

A giggle escaped her lips and she started the process of deciding everyones turns. Again.

Done doing that, she was second and ishan was first this time.

Ishan smirked at her as he made his way towards the wickets and stood in front of it, ready to smash the ball and make history.

"I'll ball first" She says making an eye contact with him across the pitch and walking towards him in the opposite direction.

She was all ready to duck him out and take over the batting.

It wouldn't be that difficult right?