_-*Chapter 51*-_

Oikawa POV

*************************************************************************************************************

I fought with ferocity I didn't even know I could possess. My longsword slicing through the water as if it were nothing. I felt renewed. I have been waiting years to do this. Years.

I brewed in my hate and resentment for far too long, now as I battled the man who even dares call me his son, I felt power. Power for the first time in my life. To see the look of fear on my father's face rather than my own was something new. Something I didn't mind.

In my peripheral vision, I could see my husband fighting anyone who dared approach, allowing me to fight the tyrant alone. I furrowed my brows in concentration as the King fought back with equal skill but more strength.

"Give up, Tooru," he growled, blocking my stab effortlessly, "This is why you cannot be king. You let your emotions get the best of you. Everything I've done has been for your own good!"

I gritted my teeth, "For my own GOOD?!? Tell me, was KILLING my MOTHER GOOD for me?!" I swung aggressively to emphasize the words, "Was locking me in the dungeon for HOURS for my own GOOD?! Was sending your HITMEN after me for my own GOOD?!? Pray tell, what even is MY OWN GOOD?!?"

"Whatever is best for the kingdom, a kingdom you aren't FIT to RUN!," He roared, thrusting his trident at me, which I blocked with difficulty, "Your mother held me back. I got rid of her. Your silly feelings held you back. So I forced them out of you. You hold me back. So I'm getting rid of YOU."

With that last word, pain exploded from my abdomen, looking down, I could see the trident buried in my flesh. My father...the King pulled the weapon out with a disgusting noise. Then he turned around and left.

I could hear Iwa shout my name and the clang of swords around me.

But it wasn't what I heard that frightened me. It was what I saw.

Number one, I saw Tendou, my baby brother, the boy I grew up trying to protect from his abusive father, exit the room, following the King.

Number two, I saw my mother, the woman who died years ago, approach me.

"...please, no..." I whispered as I began to lose consciousness, my blood turning the water red and Hajime's arms wrapping around me. But to whom I said those words, my mother or my brother, even I wasn't sure.

***********************************************************************************************

What was something that you did once and said never again?