Chapter 10

"BITCH, DO YOU WANT Me to jump across this table?! Because I don't have all day for this!" Valona said, slamming her hands on the desk and glaring at the person in front of her.

"You feeling froggy? Leap." The person spat back, smirking.

"Oh, yeah? Well here I come!" Valona said, rolling up her sleeves and putting one foot on the desk — ready to jump the motherfucker. "Ah, Ah, Ah! No!" She heard a voice and felt a metal wire wrap around her waist and she was dragged back into someone.

"No starting fights in the office!" Lin said, glaring down at Valona before turning to the person Valona was shouting at. "And no provoking other officers into violence!" She said, glaring at the desk man who gulped and nodded.

Valona has recently been hired to join the police force. Mako was hot on her tail on joining too.

Lin sighed, dragging an angry Valona out of the room and into her office.

Lin threw Valona onto the sofa, where a small coffee table was in front of it, and had some paperwork on it for Valona.

She sighed, before walking over to her own desk chair and sitting down, signing paper work.

Valona grumbles as she signed paperwork too.

"You need to stop fighting in the office." Lin deadpanned, glancing at Valona.

"He deserved it." She replied.

"Oh yeah? What did he do?" Lin asked.

"He told me to go back to the South Pole because of the colour of my skin." Valona rolled her eyes, spinning the pen in her hand.

It was silent for a moment.

"What's his name?" Lin asked.

"What?"

"You heard me."

"Uh, I think it's Jiang or something." Valona said and Lin hummed, writing something down on her notepad before putting it in the desk drawer.

"So, uh.. chief. After all this police business is ya know.. wrapped up for the day.. wanna go get some food?" Valona asked awkwardly, giving Lin a sheepish grin.

Lin glanced at her for a moment before looking back at her paper work, bringing up a hand to cover her face and leaning on her hand.

It was silent for a moment and Valona sighed, she should've known Lin wasn't going to agr—

"Sure."

She snapped her head up to look at Lin, but she couldn't see Lin's face due to the hand blocking it. But she could practically see the steam coming off her head and the base of her neck going red.

"Great, I'll see you outside the station at 6pm?" Valona asked, seeing she finishes at 4pm, which is in about 20 minutes. Lin nodded, still covering her face as she signs paperwork.

Valona's heart nearly burst with excitement as she continued to sign paperwork.

. . .

"Korra?? Korra?! KORRA—!" Valona shouted as she walked through air temple island. "What?!" Korra shouted, appearing behind her. Valona jumped and turned to Korra.

She practically teleported in front of Korra and shook the girl excitedly. "I have a date with Beifong!" Valona shouted, shaking Korra back and forth — ignoring her comical swirly eyes.

"Stop shaking mEEE—!" Korra exclaimed, backing out of her hold.

"A date.. with Lin Beifong?" Korra asked. Valona nodded.