Chapter 1

VALONA STARED AT THE metal table in front of her. She kicked her legs up, lifting her cuffed hands and placed them behind her head.

She had been sitting here for nearly 2 hours because the apparent 'Chief of Police' wanted to speak with her. But she was in a meeting.

A metal door opened and she looked over, seeing a water tribe girl being shoved into the room. "Hey!" The girl shouted shouted and Valona raised an eyebrow as water tribe girl hit the door and groaned. She turned around and met eyes with Valona.

"Oh, hi." She said, awkwardly. "Hey.. wait you're familiar..." Valona said, narrowing her eyes. The girl stared back at her intently too. "KORRA?!" Valona shouted and Korra widened her eyes. "VALONA?!" Korra shouted back in shock.

"Oh my god, I haven't seen you in almost 8 years! How have you been?!" Korra asked, sitting down in the seat next to Valona.

"Good, how did your avatar training go?" Valona smirked. "Good, only one more element to go! Air!" Korra said, making a whooshing noise. Valona snorted. "Dork." She said and Korra gave her a playful glare.

"So, what brings you to the police station?" Valona asked, moving her head back, flicking her hair out of her face.

"Beat up some bad guys who were smashing up a shop." Korra said, glaring at her cuffs. "What'd ya know. I just beat up some thugs who were smashing up and committing arson on a poor ladies meat stall." Valona chuckled.

Korra snorted slightly at that. "They don't understand." Korra said and Valona nodded in agreement, giving Korra a fist bump which was returned.

Suddenly, the door was opened and Valona hummed as a lady walked in. "Ooh, she's hot." Valona whispered to Korra who rolled her eyes, amused with a small chuckle.

Valona would flirt with a lot of the girls from the water tribe. Even though they have a wide age difference, it would always be Korra dragging Valona by the ear away from a flustered water tribe girl. Bare in mind, Korra was like 10 and Valona was 18. A funny picture if you think about it.

"Let's see. Multiple counts of destruction of private and city property. Not to mention evading arrest." The woman started before slamming her clipboard on the table, glaring at them. Korra sweatdropped and Valona raised an eyebrow. "You're both in a whole mess of trouble!" She said before spotting Valona's feet on the table.

"And get your feet down!" She snapped, slapping Valona's shoes which made Valona's chair stagger and fall at the strength of the officer.

Korra snickered as Valona groaned as she hit the ground. "A little warning, next time lady!?" Valona said, nursing her neck. The woman only rolled her eyes.

Korra turned to the woman. "But there were some thugs threatening a helpless shop keeper and I—" Korra was cut off by the woman. "Can it." She said, annoyed.

Valona put her chair back and sat down on it, glaring at the woman. "You should've called the police and stayed out of the way. Both of you!" The woman said, slamming her hand on the table again.

"The poor table." Valona joked. Korra elbowed her as the woman snapped her head to Valona and glared fiercely at her. Valona glared back. It was like that for a long moment.

Korra looked between the two glaring woman and cleared her throat. "But I could just sit by and do nothing. It's my duty to help people. See, I'm the avatar." Korra said, sheepishly.

"Oh, I am well aware of who you are, and your avatar title might impress some people, but not me." The officer said, crossing her arms and giving Korra a glare. "Alright, fine. Then I want to talk to whoever's in charge." Korra glared at the woman. Valona raised an eyebrow. She looked like an angry puppy to Valona.