"Thanks pops!" Maggie answered, hearing the TV pause and her father stand, dropping his newspaper. He entered the kitchen before going for the door and dropped a kiss on her forehead. Margaret carried on her soft humming and checked the recipe on her laptop as she began spreading the paste on the counter.

Cold air rushed in when Charlie answered the door. He found himself face to face with a young man, with blonde hair up to his shoulders, brown determined eyes, and a bouquet of white tulips in his hands.

"Hello," Charlie huffed, his brows furrowed.

"Oh, hello Mr. Swan." Jasper started, "I'm Jasper Hale, sir." The boy introduced himself, and Charlie recognized him then, he was a son of Dr. Cullen.

"Oh, yes, Dr. Cullen's boy." He hummed, his eyes falling to the bouquet. "Is Maggie expecting you?" He pondered aloud.

"Oh, no sir, I, actually, came to speak to you." He began, stuttering and tripping over his words. Jasper cursed at himself mentally, he had been practicing how to get these words out for days, he couldn't mess this up.

"Well come in." Charlie stepped away, allowing the boy to get inside. He wouldn't deny it, he was surprised by the boy's formality, but he approved of it. Jasper walked to the warmth of the Swan's house, the smell of sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon swirling in the air. But strongest amongst them was her scent. Charlie led him past the kitchen, not even bothering the working Margaret, whose voice was heard softly following the Christmas carols. Charlie took a seat in his usual chair in front of the TV and signaled for Jasper to sit down. "What did you want to talk about, Jasper." He said plainly, most definitely seeing right through him.

"Well, sir." Jasper began with a deep breath. "I have been growing closer with your daughter, as you may well know," he explained, "she's good friends with my sisters, Alice and Rosalie... But I'm not here to talk about them." A sigh escaped his lips as he reorganized his thoughts. "And we're good friends." He went on. "I wanted to ask, Mr. Swan, for your permission to ask Margaret on a date." He blurted out, his eyes never leaving his. Charlie shifted.

"You want to ask Margaret out on a date," Charlie repeated.

"Yes, sir." Jasper nodded.

"And, if she enjoyed her time on that date," Charlie pondered, "what would happen then?" His eyes snapped at Jaspers, fierce and strong.

"I would hope you would consider allowing me to date Margaret," Jasper admitted, his hands tight around the bouquet. "Regularly," He specified. To his relief, Charlie smiled.

"Well, Jasper. Maggie is in the kitchen, baking cookies, but I'm sure she'll be done in no time." Charlie stood, groaning under his breath. He shook Jasper's hand when he stood up.

"Thank you, sir." Jasper smiled. Charlie simply offered him a short smile and wandered off to the kitchen. Jasper followed.

"Hey Maggie," Charlie called from the door. Margaret turned to face him, her hair pulled back in a ponytail, and her hands white from flour. The sleeves of her Christmas sweater pulled up to her elbows and over it, a pink apron with white polka dots smeared with batter and flour fell right above her knees. Though the apron was messy, the counter was spotless and so were her face and hands, excluding the flour she had spread on them to roll the cookie mix on the counter. The sink was piled with dishes, some done, others in the process, and she was cutting and placing unbaked cookies on a tray, while some were already in the oven. The image sent Jasper back to those days when she baked all day, the same happy smirk on her. "Jasper came by to see you." He informed, his face shifting with a smile as he saw his daughter's face light up like the Christmas lights around the house. Charlie moved from the door, resting against the kitchen counter. Jasper came in after him, a smile on his face.