C H A P T E R 21

Author pov_

The room smelt of antibacterial liquid cleaners. And Jungkook felt helpless. It was not the pain from his fractured bone, but from his favourite being angry with each other. Jimin and Ivy were sitting on the couch, Inha and Hoseok were out of the room, they were gone to grab coffee for everyone. Taehyung was avoiding Ivy as if she were a virus. And the others were focused on him.

"Guys... Please don't be like this." Jungkook pouted.

"Stay quiet Kookie... you don't know anything." Suga sighed, making the kid pout up more.

The poor girl's eyes were brimming with tears seeing her another bestie hurt because of her. The boys were more hurt seeing Jungkook lay down on the hospital bed with a thickass plastering on his left hand.

"Cheer up!! You can write things on my plaster like they show in movies. Once in my middle school, a girl broke her arm like mine, she got proposed to by her crush and he confessed writing on her arm! How ro..mantic... right?? I have a great chance" Jungkook's sentence ended with him getting embarrassed. None of the people in the room laughed at the silly joke he said.

"That's nowhere romantic koo," Namjoon sighed...

"It's ok, we are fine." He eyed Ivy and a sigh left his mouth again. "I'm going out for some fresh air and will report to Bang PD." Namjoon said, ruffling Jungkook's hair and walking out of the room.

Meanwhile–

Another sigh made its way towards Inha's lips while she sipped onto her hot coffee. Both's gaze was pinned onto the night view of the city the hospital garden gave. The night was cold but it didn't bother any of them, their silence between the chattering patients was painfully peaceful.

"You know, Inha. You can talk to me if there's anything bothering you.." Hobi said, his one hand was resting on the cold bench's seat.

"I'm fine." Her voice was just as loud as a whisper, but it was enough for him to understand what she said.

"But your eyes say something else than your lips." he ended his sentence with a comforting smile. It was even hurting him, just like it did to her. It pained him everytime he thought of the evening's incidents. Never in their 11 years of friendship did they fight this seriously. Other than the time when Jimin and Hobi had beaten up Ivy's bully.

Inha's head turned to her right to see the boy already looking her in the eyes. Her eyes turned glossier on each passing second which made her end up breaking down. Inha hid her face in her palms and she sobbed because of everything happening around her, and even her soulmate.

"Hey it's fine... I know that everything is overwhelming.. But it's okay!! You know how child-like Ivy can behave at times... don't worry she's gonna be ok.. Things are messed up around her too!" Hobi blurted soothing stuff out as soon as he saw her crying. His hands instinctively wrapped around the fragile frame of her body as he slowly brushed her hair, trying to comfort her.

Feeling comfortable warmth wrapping around her, Inha's sobbing grew. She started crying in his arms, feeling unwanted emotions taking over her from all the sides. It felt unbearable. Maybe she would have done better if her Ivy was with her. Now that she thought of it, she wondered if the younger girl had really thought the way. The thought hurt her deeply, Inha never intended to be bossy or controlling. She just wanted the best for her friend.

"I know! But... but why would she think that- that I'm interfering in her l-life!? I was always there for like she was for me. 6 years aren't less... are they?" Inha blabbered out. She suddenly started feeling so foreign thinking about her own bestie. As if they had never even known each other in honesty.

"Shhh calm down Inha! Do you want water?" Hobi asked, making her shake her head as a no.

"I'm fine. Just a bit in disbelief that she said those things to me when all I wanted to know was what was that call. If she was facing trouble, I could have helped her! He came out of nowhere!" with that, Inha broke the hug. She was again all embarrassed because of the contact.

"Hm, To be honest, even I am curious. I'm sure that she has her part of the story to narrate." Hobi sighed and got up, making Inha follow his actions.

"Hobi-ssi, is it tough to stay with a fractured arm? Inha questioned Hobi with large doe eyes like a kid. Even though there was not much she could have done, the soft hearted girl felt guilty.

"No, it is painful, but not that much, Jungkook can surely handle that. He's our golden maknae for a reason, you know! We've seen him in even worse situations, he'll be just fine, don't worry." Hobi smiled, his smile was like a sun under the moon. It made her wonder if he was a sun or a moon.

= = = = = = =

Jungkook was covered in a warm blanket over his head. His elders meanwhile, were sitting dispersed around the room. They were looking at each other, communicating with glances and signs. Jungkook's eyes were wandering between the two parties. On his left stood Jin, Yoongi and Taehyung while on his right Jimin and Ivy sat.

Jin, Suga and Tae were throwing daggers through their eyes, while Jimin's eyes were fierce as well. Ivy sat there with her head hung low, tears still spilling out her eyes. Meanwhile, Jungkook was looking at them as if he was watching the ball in a tennis game.

"Now that's enough" the sudden voice made everyone startle, including Ivy and Jungkook. The voice's owner, Jin sighed and pointed towards Ivy before speaking.

"Ivy, I want to talk to you for a moment." Jin walked out the room. Ivy gulped before standing up, she saw this coming. She was already guilty for what all she did, and she definitely knew that there would be no escape from the scoldings she would get.

Sighing for the nth number of times, Ivy walked out the room, following Jin's tracks. Getting out the room, she saw the older male's figure leaning onto the wall with closed eyes.

"Op-" before she could say something, Jin turned and started walking away and motioned Ivy to follow him.

Once they both found a much quieter place, Jin faced the girl. "What's wrong with you Ivy!?"

Ivy sighed in defeat.

"I don't know, oppa. I don't know what's going on around me. I won't give you excuses cause I know there's no excuse for what I said. But I'll say this honestly, that I've been having trouble with my family and took it all out on Inha and Hob- Hoseok. I- I don't know what to do now..."

Jin sighed as well. He placed a big, comforting hand on her shoulder before speaking in a low tone. His voice was not accusing nor taunting. He just seemed genuinely worried.

"I understand you Ivy, I really do. But- but no matter how angry or upset you are, you just- you should not take it out on people you love. You have to be careful of not hurting them and their feelings." He tilted his head, smiling warmly while also caressing her hair. "You know what you have to do now, don't you?"

Ivy whipped the corner of her eyes, a bit embarrassed for the tears. She nodded at him. He told her to 'woman up' and to go face it with bravery. Ivy laughed at the funny face he made, and turned t o walk away, towards the elevator. Somehow, Jin made her feel like everything was gonna be okay. As if living like this isn't as useless as it felt.

•••

Lovely Co-author  

Thank you for reading 'Soul Piece'

Please vote and support!

~Ivy Miles and Inha Choi