"You need to lie down."

|~NEWT'S POV~|

"Hi, Tommy."

Tears swelled in Newt's eyes as one fell from Tommy's. He hesitantly reached up and whipped away the tear that slid down the brunette's cheek, leaving a small smudge of red where his thumb touched.

Newt sat with his back against Tommy's hut, he had shifted to were he was sitting upright with his legs laying slightly bent, Tommy squatted between them.

"Newt," Tommy whispered as he dropped his head, tears fell from his eyes, one after the other.

Newt reached up and wrapped his arms around the boys neck, pulling him down into a hug. Tommy fell to his knees and hugged the blond back, pressing his body onto Newts.

Tommy's body slightly shook with his silent sobs, Newt felt Tommy's tears seep through his thin clothing an onto his skin.

"Shhh, it's okay Tommy, it's okay." Tommy let out a sob and squeezed the boy harder after his words.

Tommy pulled away from the hug, he was covering in blood, his shirt, his hands, even his pants had blood on them.

He whipped away the tears from his face, blood streaking his cheeks. Tommy pulled his hands from his face and looked down at them, then he looked back up at Newt.

His eyes were puffy and red, blood ran down his face, his bottom lip was shaking, his eyes were darting all over Newts body.

He scanned the blond, looked at his face, his arms, his legs, his torso, all spotted with blood.

"Newt. . ." Tommy whispered, a tear fell from Newt's eye, he rested his arms on his knees and hid his face in his hands.

He began shaking with silent sobs himself, he could still feel Tommy sitting there in front of him on his knees.

"I'm sorry." Newt managed to choke out between sobs. "I really am!" Newt's head shot up so he looked at Tommy, "Tommy, please, believe me." His voice grew louder, a harsh whisper now, staying quiet enough for no one else to hear.

Newt let out a sob, trying to quiet it so he didn't sound weak in front of the boy he loved.

"Please Tommy, ple-" a cold hand wrapped around Newts mouth, cutting off his sentence.

"Don't say that." Tommy said coldly. "Never say that again." Tommy looked at Newt as seriously as he had ever seen him, then a tear fell from his eye and he shook his head, covering his face with his free hand.

Sudden realization came over Newt.

I'm such a bloody idiot, he told himself.

Newt pulled Tommy's hand off his face and looked him in the eyes. "I'm sorry Tommy." That's all he could say without breaking down into tears again just by looking at the boy in front of him.

Tommy was shaking, tears and blood stained his light blue shirt, blood all over his body, his face was covered by his hands, and Newt could see his eyes were still red and puffy.

"Newt." Tommy whispered his name with a sob, Newt shifted until he was sitting on his knees and facing the brunette in front of him.

Tommy continued shaking with his silent sobs until Newt reached over and wrapped his arms around his neck, pulling him into another hug.

Tommy dug his face into Newts chest, staining his shirt with tears. Newt hugged Tommy and slighted rocked side to side for a while.

Newt held the boy in his arms until he stopped crying. When Tommy did stop, Newt realized he had fallen asleep.

"Shit." Newt whispered, he didn't want to wake the boy up, but he didn't want someone finding the two asleep together. Behind a hut.

And again, if anyone found Newt, he'd be dead. There's no doubt that if they ever found Newt, they'd all think he'd still be a Crank.

And really, what would Newt do if he were a Crank?

Infect the immune?

Newt rolled his eyes at his own thought, did they really fear him? Would they fear him?

He thought about just walking out in the middle of the town, village, whatever, and just seeing what happens.

They'd either shoot him in the head where he stood, be totally relieved and welcome him, or slowly torture him to death, because that's what you do with Cranks. Torture them.

He shivered at the thought.

Being tied up in the middle of the town where everyone could see him, everyone taking a turn cutting his skin with a knife until he bled out, dozens of wounds.

Tommy lifted his head off Newts chest slowly, still half asleep. He rubbed his eyes and looked up at the boy, his tired face quickly turned to panic.

"Hey, hey, hey, what's wrong?" Tommy asked sitting up in front of Newt.

Newt didn't realize his breath had quickened, his body was shaking, and he felt like couldn't breathe.

"Newt! What's wrong?" Tommy half yelled grabbing Newts shoulders and slightly shaking him.

Newt looked at Tommy, his eyes wide and filled with panic. "I-" He tried taking a deep breath, but couldn't breathe in. "Can't-" He tired again, nothing.

"What Newt? You can't what?" Tommy asked, his face was painted with fear and panic for the blond.

"Breathe. I can't. . . breathe." Newt manage to get out before trying to suck in a huge breath, but failed, again.

"You need to lie down." Tommy quickly said pushing the blond to the ground so he was lying on his back.

"I- I don't t- think that's gonna h- help. . ." Newt stuttered between his quick breaths, but he didn't resist and laid down on the ground.

"You're right, it probably won't, but relax." Tommy said as he grabbed the blonds hand.

"P- probably not? Really? Y- you don't have the s- slightest bit of c- confidence?" Newt asked annoyed.

"Nope, not really." Tommy said nervously. Newts breath quickened again.

"Tommy." Newt whispered.
____________________
I'm so sorry it took so long for me to get this out! I've been working on my actual book (again) and then I started a youth academy where I live, so I am there for 8 hours a day everyday week day, leaving barely any time to do anything else.

SORRY AGAIN!!
Love you guys!!!

-C<3

~984 words~