Dieci

So, I wrote some shit, hated it and so I deleted it all and then I wrote some more garbage 😔, please deal with it this once, I'll do better next week. Also, thank you for your patience.

🍂

The grave silence prickled her skin like tiny shards of glass. Her heart bled and yet she couldn't say a word. She knew the truth would ruin everything and yet, she wasn't prepared for this. Romeo sat on the edge of the bed. Too quiet, too still, too calm. She knew the storm was ashore, she knew it would blow away everything they've built together.

"Rom-" the glass shattered against the wall, making her swallow her own words. Romeo picked up another vase and it broke to pieces. "WHY?! I NEVER LIED TO YOU, I NEVER DID ANYTHING TO HURT YOU, I CHANGED MYSELF FROM HEART TO SOUL JUST. FOR. YOU. Then why did you have to lie Adhira?" His voice softened by the end, betrayal had slapped him in his face and now he looked lost.

Adhira looked at the floor. Her lie was nothing in the beginning but now? Everything was different. Everyone was different. The brothers had stormed off from the living hall and taken refuge in their rooms. Too bad it didn't help. It smelled more like their wives, the citrus smell reminded Romeo of Adhira everytime he stepped into his room. He found it pleasant most of the days. But not today. He wanted to escape her, and now even his room isn't his.

"I am sorry, Romeo." Her whisper only made him scoff. "I don't want your sorry, Adhira. I want to know why you lied. I want to know why you thought that you can't trust me, even for a second. I want to know why you chose to break my heart, my trust, every single day. I want to know why you thought that telling me would ruin something between us."

"Is it not ruining something Romeo?"

"It is. But only because you didn't tell me. Only because you still wouldn't have told me if we wouldn't have figured it out ourselves." A tear fell down her eye but she didn't look away from him. How could she? He was hurt, and it was justified. She would be hurt too if something like this happened and the roles were reversed.

"I didn't want you to look at me any differently. I thought if you knew who I was, you wouldn't care for me the way you did when you thought I was as fragile as glass. It was selfish of me, I know. But that's who I become with you. I got greedy. I wanted you to hold me forever and I- I ruined everything in the process."

His eyes softened but the storm in his heart by no means calmed down. She was his wife, he cared for her, he still did. But her betrayal slashed across his heart life a knife and he was bleeding down to the last drop of trust he had in their relationship.

"I wouldn't have cared less if I knew you could protect yourself. I just wouldn't have worried myself to the point of a headache but I still would've looked after you Adhira. I still would've burned the world down if something ever happened to you. I still would've held you like a glass doll. I still would've loved you the same."

Her eyes bore into his. The hurt in his fueled the pain in hers. Loved. Past tense. He had never told her about this love, and yet the first time she heard of it, it was in the past. Loved. The word heart broke her heart and then soothed it the very next second. Before shattering it again.

"Loved. Not love. If it is any consolation Romeo, I love you still. And I will keep on doing that, even if you can't do the same."

🍂

Armando stared out the window into nothingness. He registered the hand on his shoulder but he didn't turn. He wanted to hear it. And he knew she would talk if he didn't. That was their dynamic. He didn't speak much, so she did.