23

Chapter 23 || This is Freya by the way

;we're allowed to make fools out of ourselves when the person it's for is worth it

I'm not even worrying about my aching muscles or the fact my back is on fire, I'm so wrapped up in being nervous, training being hell today is a mere second thought

Sitting outside Freya's apartment complex, I shoot her a text to her let know I'm here.

After talking to her on the phone yesterday, I've been an anxious mess. In my head I have a million and one things I want to say to her, a trillion apologies to make and for some reason, she knocks me back every time.

Freya appears, exiting the lobby doors and for a moment, my heart stutters. 

Those wild curls are wrapped up in a bun, held in with a blue bandana style that's tied in a bow on the top of her head. She looks beautiful, face free of make up, those dark chocolate eyes find mine through the windscreen and the stuttering heart, stops.

I leap out and round the hood with a smile, opening the passenger door just as she reaches me.

"Hi." she says with a faint smile, looking down and as nervous as me.

I want to pull her into me, tight, kiss her lips and squeeze her tiny body. Guilt fills my stomach as I think back to how much of a dick I was to her, to the one person who never deserved it.

"I'm happy you showed up." I reply, jilting my head towards the truck. "Jump in, we have some talking to do."

With a nod, she jumps up the side step, my hands itch to help her but I don't wanna push her before we've even gotten started.

Once she's in safely, I shut the door and hop back in, reversing out the parking lot and taking a right towards our spot.

"So, how've you been?" I ask.

Popping a shoulder, she continues to look out the window, clutching her mini back pack to her stomach. "Good. You?"

"Better."

This gets me a glance over her shoulder, to which I return and love the way out eyes clash like they always did.

The rest of the drive was quiet, too quiet, and entirely awkward so when I see the water come into view, a feeling of relief hits my shoulders, relaxing me, only slightly, I still have to make it through this conversation with the girl I'm in love with, and attempt to convince her to take me back.

And I want her back. I need her back.

When I pull up, she's scanning the decking that hovers over the ocean, before she cracks open the door and hops out, not even waiting for me to kill the engine, let alone help her down.