17

Chapter 17 || Sounds permanent

;push me and see how far we'll go for love

It's game day and we're currently dominating against Florida Atlantic Owls

It's halftime and the cheerleaders are finishing up their routine as the announcer calls out stats and replays good hits from both sides.

Freya is in the stands with the girls, and of course, in my jersey.

We make eyes at each other, as I squirt the water into my mouth, winking, even from here I can see how rosy her cheeks turn.

Since the other night, I've been on an all time high. Which is strange to say I didn't end up inside of her, but that was everything and more. We pushed the boundaries and loved every second of it.

I haven't seen her as much as I've wanted too, she's been busy with studying and tutoring, whereas I've been pretty much killing myself on the field for this game. We've texted here and there, hour long phone calls at night, quick make out sessions between classes. 

She gets me excited to see her, like a kid in a candy shop.

We continue our stare off, she blows me a kiss, I catch it and the attention it caught is how her pretty face ended up on the jumbo tron - yet again.

When she realises, her head ducks into her hands as her friends laugh and tease her.

The announcer makes some kind of lovey comment, but I don't hear him, I don't hear anything except my own heart pounding my ears.

I watch as my girl uncovers her face, her eyes instantly finding mine, never falling when she does as the announcer asks and she pushes to a stand.

My grin is slow and daring. I lift my hand and circle my finger, silently mouthing the words turn around, baby girl. My eyes saying show them who you belong too.

Freya shocks me when she smirks, doing as I asked without hesitating like she would've only a few months ago.

She turns slowly, showing her back to the jumbo tron camera, my name and number plastered on her back in big, white block letters. 

Her chin comes over her shoulder, long dark hair draping down her back, while her chocolate eyes look down the camera and she jerks a thumb at my name and grins.

Something erupts inside of me, something foreign but obvious.

That's the moment I realised I've fallen for my tutor. And I don't hate the idea.

"You've seen it here first, ladies and gentlemen. The FIU quarterback has officially fallen with the best of them. Congratulations, love birds. All of us here, wish you happiness and health."