15

Chapter 15 || Proud of your QB

;life lessons come in forms of people

3 months later

It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon when I find myself stepping through the large metal doors as the plus one badge Micah gave me, flashes green, granting me access.

The badge was a unexpected to say the least. Micah surprised me one day with an greeting card that said 'Just For You' - the stadium badge inside with a note attached saying Happy 4 month-versary, Little Miss x

And in the last three months, Micah has been nothing short of amazing. Really, it's all about the small things with Micah. The words and actions no one would bat an eye lid, but when you look closer, it says everything.

The contract and arrangement are still firmly in place, but something shifted after the first time I slept over at his place. The air between us got so suffocating with what if's and maybe's, but neither of us dared to speak up. 

I sometimes wonder if I imagine the way I catch him staring at me when he thinks I'm not paying attention, or the underlying meaning of things he says - like he's hinting, just waiting patiently for me to click on and confront him, to bring it up so he can unleash everything he's got going on in that mind of his - but I don't, and he doesn't either.

"Good afternoon, Miss Freya." The stadium's guard, Jeremy, smirks at me.

"Hey, Jezza." I grin at the burly bald man. "Guys on the field?"

He looks down his nose at me and narrows his beady little eyes on the box of baked goods I'm holding.

"Depends. You got payment for such information?"

I sigh and pretend to come to a realisation. "Oh, jeeze. I forgot your batch, Jez. I'm so sorry."

Jeremy's eyes narrow even more. "So that whole big box is for the players, hmm?"

I grin. "And Coach, of course."

We're now in a very intense stare off. His narrow, dark eyes are burning into my brown, amused ones.

He knows damn well I've got a bag of cookies in this box for him. I just want him to earn them.

My lips roll in to hide the fact they're twitching, dying to break out.

"Freyaaa...." He draws out.

"Yes, Jezza?" I ask, innocently.

"If you don't have any delicious goods in that box for me, I won't be able to let you through those doors."

I blink. Once, twice, thrice...

Then I bark out a laugh, whipping off the lid to the box. 

A clear bag sits there with a red tie around the top, a tag hanging off saying Jezza.