O9

Chapter O9 || She's not mine

;hope is the denial of reality

I'm not usually the type of girl who stresses out about what to wear to a party, but right now, I'm freaking the fuck out

I've been a mess all day long, and because I was a bundle of nerves it meant I barely slept a wink and was baking a damn birthday cake for Micah's best friend at five o'clock this morning.

Being a fake girlfriend shouldn't be this exhausting and at the same time exhilarating, should it?

"Ugh!" I throw yet another dress on the floor behind me. "This is a nightmare."

Someone knocks at my door, then Stella peaks her head around. "Everything okay in here? Sounds like the time I was struggling to get in those two size small jeans last winter."

I give my best friend the pouty face and puppy dog eyes. "Help me?"

Stella laughs as she steps further into my room, hip bumping me out the way and proceeds to raid my closet.

"You have so many beautiful dresses," she says, then eyes me over her shoulder. "Why do you never wear these, again?"

"I never go anywhere to wear them?"

Stella raises a perfectly shaped brow. "And who's faults that?"

I cross my arms and raise a brow right back. "I wasn't complaining."

She rolls her eyes and continues rummaging through my wardrobe. "This, and, uh... this."

Taking the hangers Stella's holding out, I eye them warily before I eye her just as much. "Really?"

Stella chuckles and shoves me towards my en-suit. "Yes, now move your butt. Trust me, you'll look hot."

I'm not exactly sure I'd put me and hot in the same sentence, but Stella very rarely lets me down, so who am I to contradict her?

I quickly change into the overly, distressed, ripped black jeans and the white corset style, strapless top Stella picked out. My curls are pinned back and tamed, while my make up is subtle but noticeable - especially since I rarely wear it.

Stepping back into my room, Stella's holding out some black, chunky heeled boots for me, then she takes me in.

"Wow." her jaw hangs. "I told you that you'd look hot."

I can't deny I look good, better than I do on a normal day anyway - maybe Micah will think so too. Maybe I won't feel like I look stupid while hanging on his arm as we step into his best friends party.

Just as I finish tying up the last lace on the boots, someone knocks on the front door of our apartment.

Micah.