Chapter Twenty Four

Amy's P.O.V 

"Mr. Carson," I hear the same annoying receptionist voice say, but I don't bother opening my eyes. This chair is literally the most comfortable and warm chair that I've ever sat in. It's almost like it has a heartbeat. 

"dude," I hear another familiar voice say, "let her sleep. She's had a long day." 

"But the doctors have a verdict." 

That right there is what wakes me up. 

I open my eyes to look up at the receptionist but I'm held down by something around my waist, and to my surprise that something is an arm. 

An arm attached to a very stubborn arrogant person. 

"Ben!" I scream trying to jump up again but still being held down by his arm, "let me go. What're you even doing here?" 

I look around the waiting area and I don't see anyone except for Ben, the receptionists, and the elderly couple across the room. How long have I even been here? 

"I found you," Ben says setting his chin on top of mine. "I've been arguing with Derek-" he looks up at the receptionist whom I presume is Derek "-for the past ten minutes about whether or not to wake you up." 

"Your boyfriend almost punched me," Derek says frowning down at me. 

"This is not my boyfriend," I say rolling my eyes as I finally pull away from Ben.I stand up and look over at the abnormally tall receptionist who is now asleep, then back over at Derek. Derek doesn't look like the smirky asshole from earlier anymore. He has bags under his eyes and at this point he looks just plain tired. While I'm examining Derek I see a woman walk into the room from out of the corner of my eye. 

The woman that walks out of the room is the kind of person who should be the object of everyone else's attention. She had curves, beautiful blonde hair, and knew how to walk in six inch heels and a lab coat. I bet she's the kind of person every girl wishes she could be. She's absolutely stunning. 

Derek's eyes immediately snap up to hers. 

"Flo," he says breathlessly still staring at her. But she doesn't even acknowledge him. She just keeps walking. 

"Listen I'm sorry," I watch as Derek chases after her and grabs her wrist. He twists her around so that she's facing him. 

"Derek I don't have time-" 

But Derek doesn't give her time to finish because he's already placing his mouth over hers. I feel like I'm watching a cheap romance movie when she pushes back and slaps him hard across the face. Even though she runs out of the building fuming it was quite obvious what the look was that they both shared in their eyes.  

She was furious. 

He was in love. 

He was hurt. 

She was in love. 

From what I know about love it comes in all different shapes and sizes. Some people are like Derek and Flo, although they may argue with each other they still love each other anyways. But I can see why they might argue so much. Derek seems like the type of guy to flirt with everything he sees, I don't know Flo well enough  but I know that if I were her I couldn't stand having my boyfriend flirting with everything that has a heartbeat. 

Then there's Brandon and me. I love him to death but the difference between us and Derek and Flo is that I know we're both committed. I never see Brandon flirting with any other girls and I solemnly swear that I haven't been flirting with any other guys. Brandon and I are the perfect image of a couple.