𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐅 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐙𝐄

Mulai dari awal

if kenji were to be lying, james would've hurt his head bad by the concrete and would've gotten a bad awakening.

but james still rests as though he has no worries at all, dark circles that was once present is no long there.

kenji appears just as fast with a face-wide smile, he's clearly proud of himself. "i know, i know. i'm just so cool aren't i?" i roll my eyes at his response. "whatever makes you sleep at nigh-"

kenji interrupts me as he taps my thigh, his body going still as if he's trying to hear something. "do you hear that?" he whispers.

"are you messing with me?"

"no, seriously, listen." as me and kenji fall silent, the soft breeze turns into faint footsteps and a door opening that's getting closer and closer to the building we're sitting in.

startled, i immediately get up from where i'm standing. i look back at kenji waiting for him to get up also. but he doesn't, he doesn't have the slightest expression on his face that's he scared or worried.

instead he gives me a nod, i give him one back. i trust him. it's becoming to seem that nodding is our little thing. a sign to one each other that it's going to be okay in whatever situation we are in.

even if i've know him for a day tops, he's distracting me from all the events that have occurred in the past few days. including ingrid. and saving my life.

he's still annoying though.

i stay where i am, not moving an inch as the footsteps get faster and louder to where we are. i'm step in front of james, covering him with my body.

as the footsteps get louder and louder, my blood runs cold, just to see juliette walk in. even though it's dark, my eyes have adjusted to the darkness of the room enough to make out that it's her.

i've never felt so thankful to see her face as she starts walking fast towards us. i let out a huge breathe i had been holding for a minute or two. when she's in arms distance of us, i take in her appearance.

she's a mess; she looks like she's seen it all. hair messy and probably matted from the dried blood in her hair.

injures surrounding her whole body that it looks like someone had hand painted each one with such delicacy and precision.

blood covers her from head to toe. she looks exhausted but still looks like she has the will to keep fighting if she has the absolute mean to.

"if i could, i would give you a huge hug." i confess, not even processing what i'm saying to her. it looks like she needs one as well. "me too." she affirmed, then turning her gaze downward to where kenji and james sit.

kenji pulls james into his arms, not without wincing from his weight and holding the duffel bags all at once. juliette immediately takes it from him after seeing the look of discomfort on his face.

it's weird seeing kenji looking serious, no sight from the grin that he had on his face only a few minutes prior. he stares at juliette as if they're talking through their eyes. "how is he?" kenji questions, directing the question to ask about adam.

oh shit, adam. i haven't thought of his well being once. even if he's a completely asshole; i still care for him. i don't want another person dying.

juliette's back immediately straightens. "i need you or rome to drive." kenji takes a tight breathes as he nods several times. "my right leg is st-"

"i'll drive, you guys are injured. it's the least i could do."

"are you sure? i can drive, my leg isn't that bad." "it's fine kenji, seriously." "

kenji has to give you the directions though, we need to hurry up and go to this 'safe place' immediately." juliette insisted, starting to make her out back to where she had came from.

me and kenji follow her. "yeah-no i can do that. you can, right kenji?" he responds with a small yes in return. when we arrive to the car juliette has brought us to, adam is in the backseat.

he's even worse then me, juliette, and kenji involved. he's injured badly; reasoning as why to juliette was so eager to get here and start moving as soon as possible.

kenji moves james onto his lap as he slips into the passenger seat. it amazes me how james has still slept throughout this whole thing; he was never much of a deep sleeper whenever i sleepover.

i make my way into the drivers seat and grip the steering wheel, getting a feel for it. i've driven a car before, i'm praying nothing won't end up in any kind of chase.

i adjust the rear view mirror to see adam and juliette in the back holding hands. the duffel
bangs in front of them. "you alright?" i ask adam.

"better than ever, oh and thanks for taking care of james. you too kenji."

"it's good to see you alive, you trust me now?"

a sign is let out in response. "maybe." i turn on the car, hearing the engine turn on and hear hazy song play.

i start make my way onto the road kenji is directing me to until he recognizes the song that's playing."god, i love this song." kenji said excitedly, trying to turn up the volume in the car.

since it's so old, it can only go up to a certain volume, but it seems he's fine with that. "in your arms so tight!" he sings, voice cracking. "you let me know!"

i look at adam and juliette in the mirror to see adams face full of horror, while juliette had a soft smile in her face, finding kenjis actions entertaining.

"everything's alright!" he chanted, not caring for the people behind him at this point. "i'm hooked on a feeling!—come on romeo you have to love this song. come on, sing with me."

"hell no, shut up for the love of god."

𝟓/𝟑𝟏/𝟐𝟑𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄-

𝟓/𝟑𝟏/𝟐𝟑
𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄-

y'all june 16 is my birthday i'm shitting myself...btw i'm writing some of the first chapters so that's why it keeps showing i updated AND ALSO TYSM FOR ALL THE SUPPORT IT MEANS SO MUCH!!