eleven

December 13th

"If I'd had known you had this type of money I would've second guessed letting you stay at mine for free and made you pay rent." Esme expressed as she wandered into the en suite bathroom, turning the lights on and off.

I shrugged it off, "I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or not, but thanks."

"Take it as a compliment. Camilas bedroom is literally ten times nicer than mine, let alone yours." She commented, finally stopping to sit down on my bed, Camila sleeping in the room over.

"I need to decorate more I think, make it more homey, it's bigger than the house we had in Italy but that one is more special to me."

She leaned back to put her head on one of the many pillows, "Of course it is, you were pregnant there, you had a baby there, that baby learned to walk there you have all the memories there," she sighed "but now it's time to make some here."

She makes me laugh, I commented, "Such an optimist."

She snorted in response, "Yeah because you're not, like seriously you're so miserable, just reply to him already," she said it like it was that easy, "I don't understand what's going on."

I began my ramble, thinking it all over out loud "Because Camila is so attached and Paul was making comments and-

"Let me stop you right here," she began "Camila is attached to everyone, she cries watching finding Nemo when Nemo goes missing even knowing that he gets found at the end," she chuckled "She's four it happens."

She then rolled her eyes "And fucking Paul just can't stop making accusations, that's his thing just accept it and move on. It's not true you know that."

That's not the point, I tried to express my thoughts back "I know, but if he thinks that what if everyone else in Pierre's family thinks that. I just want them to let me keep her and if cutting charles off is the means of it, I will do it."

Esme turned into a lawyer for a moment then, "They have no case to take her from you, you let them all see her now, you have a nice house and live close by where they have full access to her and you at all times."

Suddenly the thought came to me, a good opportunity "A housewarming party."

"Did you just have a seizure or something?" She chuckled, unsure as to where I was coming from.

Ignoring her, "I should invite all of them to see the new house,everyone can come Pascale, Jean, Cyril, Nicolas, Phillipe, Paul, they can see how much I want to be close to them for Camila." I explained to her, nodding along she understood where I was coming from.

I was never particularly close with my grandparents or even my parents, so Camila was left with mummy and aunt Esme for a long time, and it needs to change.

I don't hate my parents, I've just lost all of my respect for them and have nothing to say to them anymore, anyone can have a child and call themself a parent, but a real parent is someone who puts that child above their own selfish wants.

Her eyes looked into mine, the brown orbs similar to my own "I'm sorry you know, that you have to think about stuff like that. It isn't fair."

I gave her a small smile "It's fine."

She shook her head wildly, ready to justify her points "It isn't fine, the fact you have raised your daughter a single mother that isn't fine, that you have to now battle with your daughters uncle over custody issues and just general drama, it sucks."

I shrugged, "It is fine, fair on the other hand, maybe not."

"With or without him, you know you're gonna be just fine, but I get it... had it been up to you, you'd have preferred to be fine with just him."

And in that moment I had no idea whether she was referring to Pierre or Charles.

As I opened my mouth to reply, the bedroom door was creaking open and in came Camila, her hair tangled and messy from where she'd been sleeping on it, "Mummy, can I sleep in your bed tonight?"

I held my arms out wide so that she could comfortably hold onto me as she clambered up to the bed "What's wrong with yours Mon mignon?"

I stroked her hair as she spoke, "Lonely." She simply stated, my heart shattering into a million pieces, in Italy we used to share a bedroom as our house had one room and she hadn't gotten used to the idea that would change.

"Of course you can sleep with me tonight, Mon Cheri," I kissed her forehead "You know how much I love our sleepovers."

"Sleepovers? Am I not invited to these sleepovers?" Esme asked pretending to be shocked at a lack of invitation, our sleepovers weren't really sleepovers more sort of just Disney marathons and m&ms which Camila still famously mispronounces 'menemnems'

"Mummy can aunt es stay for sleeping?" She asked, the puppy dog eyes playing a large factor as she asked, I'm such a pushover.

"Only if she can sing all the words to mother knows best in tangled." I suggested, esme rolling her eyes at me but ultimately exciting Camila, "Auntie Esme we watch it all the time!" She squealed at her.

Within half an hour of Beauty and the beast being on Camila was asleep comfortably in between Esme and I as we all laid in my bed, and I thought for the first time in a month I'd actually get to have a comfy bed, "Bed bug." I called Esme, who just stuck her tongue out at me like a child.

In all seriousness, I do love my girls.

————————————————————————
juliettelaurent:

————————————————————————juliettelaurent:

liked by 6,892,163 peoplejuliettelaurent: like mother like daughter

juliettelaurent: like mother like daughter

comments disabled
________________________________